five

no one's pov

lunch time quickly came by for the mute boy as he was desperately trying to avoid an interaction with the guy next to him. he would ask to move seats, but that idea would be bad because of all the students that are dying to take his spot. plus, he didn't want to sit next to anyone, and sitting next to the boy who saved him was the best option.

when the bell rang, jungwon immediately stood up from his already pushed out chair and bolted towards the exit. he ignored the calls from the boy behind him and rushed through the crowds of kids coming from the direction he was going. he was getting shoved, pushed, spat on, and teased by some who were passing by. jungwon bit his lip to stop his sensitive self from crying and just glared at the ones who were pointing at him.

after a few minutes of hell, he arrived to the spacious room and was in awe of the way the cafeteria was decorated. it had the perfect aesthetic of a highschool that had no problems.

but then jungwon remembered something.

he couldn't eat.

or else he'll get fat.

he sighed and rubbed his eyes tiredly, silently cursing at his grumbling stomach that was way too loud. people were now looking at him. he opened his eyes after rubbing them and looked around himself. he was in the middle of a circle with students surrounding him. until one person decided to speak.

"does the disabled kid not eat at all either? how sad."

he looked to where the voice came and his figure froze after he saw who it was.

jaeyun..

he walked in circles around the scared boy, his blonde hair falling over his eyes as he smirked at the other. jungwon stood his ground after regaining his bodies consciousness, returning the deadly stare the male was giving him. his fists were clenched and he was ready to swing if jaeyun decided to do something stupid.

"not so scared now, are we? that's not how it was in the past."

he stopped walking, and stood infront of the short boy, eyeing him still.

meanwhile, jungwon was silently praying that the pink-haired boy mysteriously appears again even though it was his plan not to interact with him anymore. he just wanted to get out of this humiliating stance infront of hundreds of students.

"maybe you're not like that anymore, not a pussy boy that always cowards away from any human interaction? do you have the black plague or something?"

he chuckled at his own joke and so did others.

jungwon was getting irritated at the way he was talking about him, but he knew he couldn't do anything about it. instead, he just stood there. waiting for anything that was about to happen.

"might as well talk back. oh wait—"

his sentence was cut short when an unknown force shoved him onto the floor. it was so fast that even jungwon didn't see who it was. he groaned at the pain his back was experiencing and slowly got up like an old man.

"what the fuck is sonic doing here, holy shit that hurt."

jungwon took the chance to run away through the open space in the crowd when they went to check up on jaeyun.