eighteen

no one's pov

"thank you for dropping me off. you can go home now."

jake smiled at the older, slowly walking towards the apartment complex that jake lied to heeseung about living in. he refused to show anyone the condition he was living in because he had no sympathy for himself.

although riki was the first person to see it, his pit full of jealousy blocked his vision of embarrassment and shame of the filthy apartment he lived in.

"no problem. call me if you need anything, okay? or if sunoo is bothering you, i'll beat his ass for you."

heeseung smiled back, opening his arms for a farewell hug in which jake hesitated but reluctantly gave in, caressing the youngers hair before releasing his embrace.

"okay. i'll see you around.. goodbye."

heeseung waved at jake and began to walk the direction they originally came walking from, slightly bopping his head to the tunes playing in earbuds. jake watched the male walk farther and farther away, until his sight was clear he began walking behind the building and to the old complex, shivering from the cold breeze that just gushed over him.

he continued walking, trying to distract himself from the strange noises behind him, convincing himself that it was some rats and nothing else. he played random games on his phones to pass time on the long walk, ignoring several instagram notifications because he thought they were unimportant..

after a few minutes, he finally made it the old complex.

with a sad sigh, he unlocked the backdoor and headed inside the dark building with his flashlight from his phone shined on the direction he was heading towards, to avoid tripping over any obstacles. he went up the stairs mainly because the elevator didn't work anymore but it would be best to get some cardio in.

he made it to the floor of where he lived on, slightly speed walking to the place because he didn't feel safe walking alone but in the end, he made it back to the apartment perfectly fine.

he slid the door open, immediately getting greeted by his dog who came running from his bedroom.

"hey, layla."

he smiled, ruffling the animals fur as a greeting, struggling to walk past the big dog as he tried to put his things down on the table before heading to go wash up. but his plans got cut short when he heard his dog whimper, sitting down next to the empty bowl of food that hasn't been full for days. his heart sank to his ass when he saw the puppy lickimg the empty plate, desperately trying to find a scrap of food but there was nothing.

jake couldn't afford it..

"i-i'm sorry baby.. i don't have enough money for your food.."

he once again caressed laylas head, hugging her in the process. she noticeably got skinnier from her improper diet of eating air, and it hurt jake so much that it was probably because of him.

"i promise i'll get us out of here.. i'm so sorry baby..."

then his eyes started flooding slowly and slowly as he watched his baby once again try to look for food around her bowl. he sank down to his knees, guilt eating him to the brim to the point he started breaking down, alerting the dog. but layla playfully tried to bite his fingers as he was trying to rub the tears from his eyes, making him smile a little.