twentynine

no ones pov

"okay, can i open my eyes now?"

"no! not yet, we have to get out the car first."

sunoo blindly exited the vehicle almost tripping over himself because he doesn't know where his own limbs are. jungwon climbed out of the vehicle after him and continued to hold his hand over sunoos eyes. jake sneakily led jungwon and sunoo ahead, and jungwon himself was shocked at the beauty that was ahead of them.

sunoo was smelling the salty smell of an ocean, and he immediately knew that they were at a beach. he felt stupid for asking jungwon why he was going in swimming trunks and a water shirt. he felt a puddle of excitement floor in his stomach, so he walked even faster that jungwon almost had to run to catch up with the older.

jake stopped abruptly, causing sunoo to crash into the blonde and topple over into the hot sand. now that sunoos eyes were open, he looked at the beauty that was infront of him, his mouth slightly agape as he admired the beach. sunset is really the best time to go swimming.

jake took this as a chance to slide out from under the pink haired since he was getting crushed and dust off his clothes, running behind jungwon. he glanced over his shoulder, only to see the 6 other guys standing there with smiles on their faces and jungwon was the one with a small poster in his hands.

"happy birthday love!"

it was decorated with little hearts and hand-made drawings of foxes on the white cardboard. he had never felt this happy before.

the next thing you know, sunoo was hugging jungwon so tight that the younger felt the hot sand sink into the loose fabric of his clothes. then, he went to go hug each of his friends individually to share his appreciation.

jake anxiously waited his turn behind riki and almost thought that sunoo had forgotten about him. a frown made way to his face.

did he read my letter?

it doesn't matter if he read it, why would he want to hug me anyway?

self-deprecating thoughts flushed into his mind the second he saw sunoo turn his back on him. sunoo stopped dead in his tracks. he felt like he forgot something. just then, the male turned around, walked to jake, and hugged him, shocking him. why does he hug like a mother?

jungwon for sure found the right guy.

"no, i didn't forget to read your letter. i really appreciate it, hyung."

his soft voice echoed in jakes eardrums.

'oh...'

sunoo released his arms from jakes body and smiled at him before walking away to go walk with the others that were already joking around and shoving eachother into the sand.

the blonde crinkled a small grin to himself and cheered silently.

'you remind me so much of my mother, sunoo.'

jake quickly brushed the thoughts off his mind and catched up with the group that were already almost near the shore line. he didn't realize he was walking alone, behind the boys.