Part 21

Bucky's POV

Looking down, he saw her sleeping form causing his heart to flutter. He grabbed the remote to the tv, cautious of not waking her up. To say didn't get much sleep that night was an understatement, he was too scared he would have another night terror and accidently hurt her. Instead he just listens to the sound of her soft breaths and the cars passing by. Around 4am, the faint sound of a jet engine roared above the tower, signaling the rest of the Avengers had returned from their mission.

He lightly groaned to himself as he heard the ding from the elevator. "So then I told her- woah what happened here?" Tony smirked to himself as he looked over at Bucky and Chloe cuddling one another. If looks could kill, Tony would be a very very dead man by the glares that were given to him by a awfully pissed off soldier. "Wake her Stark, and I promise you they'll never find your body." he growled softly. The grin on Tony's face quickly fell. "Come on guys, let's let them get some sleep while we do the same," Steve uttered, even though he didn't like the idea of her sleeping with Bucky, he hated the idea of waking her up even more. They all went to their separate rooms, all but Steve, who watched silently as she slept peacefully upon his best friend from childhood. Dark curls fell over her face, yet it still couldn't mask her beauty. He watched the slight movement of her back when she breathed, his eyes raked over her to make sure she was safe. With one final look, Steve made his way to his own bed.

Bucky wrapped his metal arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him before letting his head fall back against his other arm. Feeling exhausted but still he refused to sleep as the minutes continued to tick by.

~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the morning sun began to rise, he gently flipped them both over so now he was on top, groaning as he stood up. He silently snuck into his room to grab her a pillow and a blanket, making sure to grab the softest ones. He delicately lifted her head up and slid the pillow underneath and placed the blanket over her. He walked into the kitchen and poured himself a cup of coffee, feeling the hot liquid slide down his throat.

The light sound of shuffling caught his attention as he looked up from his mug, he kept frozen and waited. As the figure approached, he moved quickly and grabbed them and pinned them against the nearest wall. "Jesus Buck, it's just me," Steve whispered loudly, not wanting to wake anyone else. "Sorry Steve," he murmured, letting him go and taking a step back. "You look terrible, did you get any sleep?" asked Steve, looking Bucky up and down quickly. When he didn't respond, it gave him his answer. "I honestly don't understand how you do it, pal, not sleeping for so long" Steve poured himself his own cup of caffeine.

Bucky looked down at the ground, "Well when you're with hydra, you barely get any sleep," he seemed to trail off, his mind returning back to when he was still the Winter Soldier. Shaking his head, Bucky decided to not think about it too much. "Are you ok?" looking up, he responded, "yeah." Nodding his head, Steve left his cup in the sink and went for his daily run, deciding it would be best to not ask about Chloe.

Placing his own cup in the sink, Bucky went to check in on her. She lightly stirred in her sleep, the soft orange rays of sunlight illuminated her face. He glanced down at her pink lips, imagining how soft they would be against his own. He swiftly moved those thoughts to the back of his beaten mind as she slowly woke up, "morning doll." His voice was hoarse and sounded deeper. "Morning Bucky," she spoke softly, smiling up at him. She reached out and ran her hand through his hair, pushing it out of his face. "Hey you two," Nat sings as she draped herself over the couch, a knowing smug look on her face. "Oh hey Nat," Chloe beamed up at her, sitting up to give her room on the couch. Nat jumped over the couch and sat next to her causing Bucky to give Natasha a soft glare, not wanting to share her with anyone.

"Don't worry Barnes, I won't steal her from you, well, at least not yet." She joked before turning to continue talking with her, "so there's this new little bookstore that opened up not too far from here and Wanda and I are wanting to go check it out, you in?" Chloe seemed to think it over before she let out a small sigh, a smile on her face as she looked over at the red hair assassin.

"Alright, let me go get ready and I'll meet you guys in the garage." Giving a small nod of her head, Natasha left to go get Wanda. The two sat there in silence for a while until Chloe spoke up, "I should go um... get ready," he could only smile at her, mesmerized by her eyes. "Y-yeah," As she left to go to her room, he watched her leave. "You know, you need to learn how to share, James." Natasha voiced as she walked back into the room, having only gone to the kitchen. "You know I'm not one to share my things, you of all people should know this Natalia." He chuckled as he turned to face her. Rolling her eyes, she handed him a donut. "Where did you-" before he could finish, she cut him off, "Stark likes to hide his stuff in the cabinet above the sink, normally in the far back." Bucky shook his head, laughing.