I

"Oh fuck."

I looked down at the mess of brown beneath my feet. My boss, Mark, gave me one job, coffee. I was qualified for much more but, being the absolute dick he seems to be, and on top of that, this being my first day, I said yes anyway to make a good impression. Clearly that was a mistake seeing the coffee stains on the shirt in front of me.

"Oh fuck is right." The brown stained shirt spoke, well the man in it at least. "I have to get to a meeting and you fucked up my shirt."

"I am so so sorry," I said frantically, handing him the napkins I was holding in my hand. "I have my boyfriend's shirt in my car, I can go grab it for you if you want."

He glared at me as he used my napkins to try and wipe up his shirt, only making it worse.

"My car is right around the corner, I can go grab it really quickly."

"Well hurry up already," he grumbled.

I nodded my head without saying anything and made my way to my car. I glanced behind me quickly, to see that the man was trailing behind me as I made my way to my car. I pulled out my phone and noticed a text from my boss asking me where I was. I wrote a quick reply telling him I ran into some trouble and continued to my car.

After a short walk we finally reached my car and I grabbed the shirt that was in the trunk. The guy yanked the shirt out of my hands and left towards the building without another word.

"What an asshole," I whispered before locking my car and heading back to work.

The realization that I didn't have the coffee I was asked to get hit as I was halfway to the building. I texted my boss telling him it'd be a few more minutes and went back to the coffee shop to get what I came out here for.

-

"I am so sorry that that took so long sir, I ran into someone and ended up spilling the coffee and-"

"Aspen, sit down please," my boss interrupted, a look of anger and disdain present on his face.

I placed the coffee down in front of him and did as I was asked, nerves building up inside me.

"I really am sorry about the coffee-"

"I don't care about the coffee, Aspen. We have other problems on our hands."

"Excuse me?" I questioned, not following where this was headed.

He turned his laptop around so I could see it, an image already pulled up. My eyebrows furrowed as I leaned forward to get a closer look at the image, confusion written on my face.

"Care to explain?" My boss questioned.

"I ran into that guy when I was about to bring your coffee to you. It spilled on him, it was a total accident." I explained myself, still confused about what was happening.

"Do you know who this is?"

"No," I said slowly.

"This is Luke Hemmings, he's the lead singer of a very popular band. These images are everywhere, Aspen."

"Like I said, it was a total accident-"

"I don't think you realize what this looks like. When his fans or the rest of the media sees these they won't think of the true story, they'll think you're just another girl that Luke has been spotted with. Aspen, I have no choice but to let you go." Mark explained.

"What! That's so not fair, I didn't mean to spill coffee on him, it was an accident!" I exclaimed, anger brewing in my chest.

"I'm sorry, but Luke is trying to escape this image of being a playboy, and this accident isn't helping it. The only other option I can possibly think of is playing into the photos and making it seem like this is a thing, but I don't think you or Luke would like that very much."