XIII

Calum had really gone all out with planning our day together. He had every little detail all drawn out and said I wouldn't be bored at all. The first he had planned was to eat breakfast at a new little cafe that I had never been to, but Calum said it was his favorite cafe and that I had to try it.

    "So, what's it like living with the Luke Hemmings? Is it everything you ever dreamed of?" Calum asked as we were eating our breakfast.

    "Calum, didn't you live with him?" I retorted.

    "Yeah, but that was before he was the super cool, famous rockstar he is now."

    "You're ridiculous, but it's good, everythings going fine so far."

    "Has he heard from Arzaylea again?" Calum questioned.

    "If he has, he hasn't told me, not that he would anyways," I countered.

    "He'll tell you everything eventually, it's just a really fresh wound and I don't think he wants to rehash that right now. Plus, the guy hates opening up and pity and all that shit."

    "Right," I agreed as I picked at my food.

    Calum sighed which caused me to pause and look back up at him.

    "I promise you he's not keeping you in the dark to be a jerk and he does trust you, he just needs time," Cal promised me.

    I nodded my head at the boy in front of me and continued to eat my breakfast so that Calum and I could start the activities he had planned for us. I knew I shouldn't be, but I was slightly hurt that Luke was keeping something from me. And even though I knew the other boys only knew because they had been there with him while it happened, I also couldn't help but be jealous that they got to know this secret and I didn't.

-

    After my day with Calum, I went home to find Luke sitting on his couch watching TV, so I decided to join him. I sat down on the couch next to him and leaned on him so I could rest a bit after my long day.

    "How was your day with Cal?" Luke asked softly.

    "Fun, but exhausting. He really went all out today," I answered. "What did you do today?"

    "I did some song writing, but mostly watched TV. Apparently I don't know how to go out without you anymore."

    "We can hang out tomorrow, don't worry."

    "Good," Luke smiled. "Hey, by the way, I was thinking for your birthday that we could invite the guys over here, how's that sound?"

    "Sounds perfect."

    I could feel myself drifting off to sleep and knew it wouldn't be too long before I was out, but I didn't want to move to my bed. Luke was just so comfy, and I really didn't have the energy to move. I yawned and closed my eyes, the sounds of the TV lulling me to sleep.

    "Goodnight, Aspen," Luke whispered before my mind shut off and I finally fell asleep.