XLII

When Michael first told me that they wanted me to be the publicist for 5 Seconds of Summer, I didn't think that would entail helping my boyfriend tell his fanbase about the story of our relationship in an Instagram caption, but somehow that was exactly what it entailed.

    "Ok, read it," Luke sighed out as he finally finished typing.

    Happy Valentine's Day to the girl I hope to share every Valentine's Day with. Who would've thought that a small little accident such as spilling coffee on me would lead to finding the love of my life, but here I am.

    I've been keeping this secret about Aspen since we met, but this whole thing started off as a publicity stunt because of my shitty image, but the love I have for her is so real now. After spending almost every day with her over the last 10 months, it was hard not to fall in love. She's my best friend, and my soulmate, and makes me the happiest man on earth.

    Aspen, I love you, thanks for sticking by me throughout everything we've been through together. You are the most kind and caring person I know, and I'm so happy that you ran into me that fateful day.

    Happy Valentine's Day, Love. I love you. -Luke <3

    "It's perfect, Luke," I smiled and handed Luke his phone.

    "Are you sure you're okay with me mentioning your name in it?" Luke asked me.

    "Yeah, I can't hide from them forever. Besides, they seem to be warming up to me."

    "They definitely are," Luke said with a small smile.

    Luke posted the photo and then pulled me closer to take another for his story. He added a cute little heart before posting the photo to his story. I wrapped myself around Luke as he fell backwards on the couch, the two of us laying there, ready to take a nap.

    "I love you," Luke whispered.

    "I love you, Lu," I whispered back and felt Luke smile against my neck.

    I finally felt like everything that Luke and I had gone through was worth it. I was finally able to just be with him, and be happy. I knew that not everything would be perfect all the time, but at that moment I knew that it didn't matter, because Luke and I would make it through.