XXIX

Being back in America was nice, but also boring. The part of touring I liked the most was getting to be in new countries and places, but being back to where I lived just wasn't quite as fun. The shows were still great, and I was having a blast, but I didn't have as much fun exploring as I would if I was in Europe. I shouldn't complain, though, a lot of people would love to be in my position and I was still having fun and seeing new cities, just back in my country.

    It actually was kind of nice to see new cities that I probably never would've gone to if I had never gone on this tour. I was also glad that Luke was actually happy to have me there, I thought for sure he might end up getting tired of me, but everyday he seemed more and more excited about getting to see new places with me. Calum was also excited that I was there.

    I felt at home with these boys, they were my best friends. They really made me feel like I was a part of the band, and made sure I knew how loved I was. After everything I had dealt with back in my hometown, it was really nice to have this group of people care so much about me. Even Crystal and I were becoming closer and I loved getting to spend so much time with her at the shows and while we were out exploring the cities.

    While the boys were at soundcheck, Crystal and I would go out and go shopping or get something to eat so that we could explore and also waste time before the show. It was truly magical getting to know such a strong and independent woman, and Crystal really made sure that I was having a good time with her as well.

    5 Seconds of Summer put on another incredible show that night and Luke and I were hanging out backstage while Cal, Mike and Ash were talking about the show and everything that had been going on.

    "How was your day with Crystal?" Luke asked as we sat in a chair together, me on his lap.

    "It was great, we went shopping and then got dinner at this really good restaurant before the show," I told him with a smile.

    "I'm glad you two are becoming friends, I know Michael will be happy too."

    "Yeah, Crystal's really sweet and I love hanging out with her."

    Luke smiled at me and brought my lips to his for a quick kiss.

    "You're so beautiful," Luke whispered, making me smile and blush.

    "Thanks, pretty boy," I shyly whispered back.

    "Stop, don't start acting all shy," Luke teased and kissed my cheek.

    "You make it hard when you say things like that."

    "It's the truth."

    "Stop it-"

    "I love you." Luke blurted out.

    "What?" I asked, a small smile slowly spreading onto my face.

    "I-Nothing, nothing. Forget I said anything," Luke mumbled, and I grabbed his face.

    "Luke, I love you," I whispered and he gave me a huge smile.

    "You do?"

    "Yes, you idiot," I smiled.

    "You're so mean."

    "Thanks," I said before giving him a kiss. I pulled back from Luke and wrapped my arms around him, laying my head in the crook of his neck.

    Luke's arms wrapped around me and he ran his fingers through the ends of my hair as we sat there and he started to join the conversation with Cal, Mike, and Ash. I sat in Luke's arms listening to him joking around with his band until I eventually drifted off to sleep, the arms of the boy I love holding me close.