XIX

Aspen

    The sound of Calum's front door opening and closing immediately set me on edge. I wouldn't put it past Calum to call Luke and tell him to come here to try and talk to me in person.

    "Calum?" I called out, but he didn't respond.

    Slightly suspicious, I decided to go downstairs and check for Calum. I left my room and walked down the hall, stopping at the top of the stairs.

    Looking down the stairs, I saw Calum standing there, looking slightly nervous, with Luke next to him.

    "Calum-"

    "No, Aspen. I'm tired of you sitting in your room miserably and being mad at him over nothing. You two are going to talk about this or I swear to god, I'm kicking you to the curb and you can go live with Ashton," Calum interrupted.

    Calum left the room after his big speech to leave me and Luke to talk, or most likely argue. I looked at Luke and he took a small step towards me. I let out a small sigh but motioned for Luke to come upstairs and follow me. I led him into my room and closed the door for some privacy. Calum's nosey, I don't need him listening in on this. The awkward silence was killing me, and I almost wanted him to just start yelling instead of staring at me like I had broken his heart.

    "Why do you look so upset?" I demanded.

    "You disappeared without a word and then refused to talk to me for three days, Aspen. I'm allowed to be upset," he retorted.

    "Whatever."

    "And then to find out from Calum that you're mad at me. Speaking of, are you going to tell me why you're mad at me?"

    "I'm pretty sure Cal already did."

    "I want to hear it from you, Aspen."

    "I'm mad, Luke, because I woke up the day after my birthday with no note, or text, or word from you about where you were. I called you two times and got no response, and then found out from paparazzi pictures that you were at your ex-girlfriend's house. I mean the only thing I know about this girl is that I shouldn't talk to her and that you supposedly hate her now, because you won't even tell me who she is and what she did to you, and then you show up at her house the day after you kiss me!" I was practically yelling at that point, and I had angry tears flowing down my face.

    "I don't have to tell you where I am 24/7 Aspen, you aren't my girlfriend."

    I felt a pang in my chest at his words, but he was right.

    "Okay, so then you don't get to be upset about me leaving and going to Calum's house!" I shouted.

"Oh, excuse me for being worried about your safety!" Luke shouted back.

"No, don't pull that card on me!"

"This is so ridiculous! I'm sorry that I didn't tell you where I was going, happy?"

"No Luke, I'm not," I sobbed. I was feeling so many things right now, and Luke's anger wasn't helping at all.

"Then what are you so mad about?" He yelled, exasperation dancing in his tone.

"Why were you at her house?" I asked quietly.

"What?"

"Why were you at Arzaylea's house?"

"Why do you even care?"

"Because I like you, you idiot," I whispered.

"What did you just say?"