II

"I really am sorry about yesterday, you know. I didn't mean to spill coffee on you," I told Luke as he gave me a death glare.

"Whatever, let's get this meeting over with," he grumbled.

"Ok, we need to have another day this week where we're seen out together. It'll show the press that I'm not just a one time thing and it'll dispel some of the rumors that have been going on," I explained to him.

"Not happening."

"You can't-"

"I said, not happening."

"Listen bud, you've already agreed to this so whether you like it or not, sometime this week we need to be seen out doing something normal. It can literally be for ten minutes and once that's up we can go our separate ways, but if you want this to go in your favor you have to work with me here," I snapped.

His attitude was going to be a huge problem for me. I'm not one to just take peoples shit, if I think they're being an asshole I'll tell them.

"Fine, tomorrow we can do something. Ten minutes Max," he finally let up.

"Perfect. Now that that's settled, here's my phone number. You'll be needing it. And you can either give me yours now or I'll go get it from Mark. Your choice," I smiled.

He let out an angry breath before holding his hand out for my phone. I unlocked it and handed it to him, watching as he typed his number in. Once he handed me my phone back I sent a text to his number so he could save my contact too.

"Are we done here?" He asked.

"Sure, you're free to go," I said with an eye roll.

This was going to get old really fast.

-

Luke and I agreed to meet at the coffee shop down the street from the office. It's a nice little place that I like to visit often and the perfect starter place for Luke and I to be seen out.

When I reached the shop I saw Luke already waiting outside for me and I walked up to him. He looked up when I approached him, a slight scowl on his face, and I gave him a small smile.

"Stop scowling, pretty boy, you have to look like you at least like me," I told him.

"Don't call me that," he said lowly.

"Fine, stop scowling, Luke. If you look like you want to kill me this isn't going to work."

Luke stopped scowling and instead opted for an emotionless mask as he pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on.

I rolled my eyes at him and made a gesture telling him to lead the way. He walked ahead of me and stepped into the coffee shop. Once we were through the door, I stepped up beside him and we waited in line together.

"I can pay for yours," I murmured to Luke in an attempt to start some conversation.

"Why?" He asked, genuine confusion written on his face.

"Because I spilled coffee all over you the other day and it's quite literally my fault that we're both stuck in this mess," I explained.

Luke shook his head softly at me and opened his mouth like he was going to argue with me but I beat him to it. "Just let me make it up to you."

Luke took a second longer to look at me before he sighed and nodded his head in agreement. I smiled at him before we both stepped up to the counter to order.

After we got our coffees, Luke and I both sat at my favorite table in the back corner, quietly drinking our coffee. The silence was beginning to get awkward when I spoke up again.

"So, you're in a band right?" I asked. Luke looked at me over his coffee cup and furrowed his brows.

"You didn't talk about that with Mark?" He asked.

"No, all he said was you're the lead singer of a 'very popular band'. I didn't get the chance to ask because he tried to fire me right after that."

"He tried to fire you?"

"Yes, now back to my question, what's the name of your band."    

"It's 5 Seconds of Summer. I wouldn't say we're very popular though."

"I think I've heard of you guys," I told him.

"We have a song out that's pretty popular. It's called Youngblood. Our album is about to come out."

I nodded at him and took another sip of my coffee, silence settling back over us. We sat in silence for a few more seconds before I decided we needed to go walk around.

"We should probably go walk around outside so the paparazzi can see us," I told him. He nodded and stood up, waiting for me before we walked out together.

We walked in silence for a bit before he told me the ten minutes were up and he was going home now. I said goodbye to him and walked back to my own car. Once I was back in my car I checked my phone to see a text from Luke.

Luke    

When are we supposed to meet next??

Aspen

We don't want to push it. Probably next week. I'll come up with more details when I get back home.

Luke

Cool.