XXII

"Hey, do you want to come with me to this party that one of the band's friends is throwing? I know you don't like parties, but I don't really want to go without you," Luke asked as I was eating lunch at the counter.

    "Sure, what time is it?" I responded.

    "We're gonna leave at like 9."

    "Cool."

    "You don't have to go if you don't want to, you know," Luke stated as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

    "I know. I want to go, though. I want to spend time with you," I said.

    "Good," Luke whispered before planting a kiss on my cheek and then letting me go so I could finish my lunch.

    I turned around on the stool so I could talk to Luke as I ate, and saw him fidgeting with something on his laptop.

    "What are you doing?" I asked.

    "Trying to figure something out with some promo dates, why?" he replied.

    "You just look stressed."

    "I am a little bit. Album release tends to be a lot of working, and very little sleeping."

    "I don't like that," I pouted before I got up and joined Luke.

    He was sitting on the floor between the couch and the coffee table while he worked, and when I sat down he pulled me into his lap.

    "I'll be okay, I've done this before," Luke reassured me. "For our first album we literally went to five countries in five days. That was hell."

    "Next month is going to be boring as hell for me, isn't it," I asked.

    "Probably. It's okay though, because right after that we leave for tour and then you won't be able to escape me."

    "Damn, I don't know if I'd be able to handle seeing you everyday," I teased.

    Luke made a face at me before going back to his laptop. I stayed in his lap and played with his hair while he continued working on whatever he had been doing before.

    "Oh, I have a meeting with the record label and management tomorrow, by the way. I should be done by one, though," Luke informed me.

    "Cool, don't wake me when you leave," I smiled.

I rested my head on Luke's shoulder while I sat there just enjoying his company. After a few minutes Luke shut his laptop signaling to me that he was finished and I lifted my head from his shoulder.

"How big is this party going to be?" I asked.

"It honestly depends, but this guy likes to throw some pretty big parties, so I'm expecting it to be a little on the bigger side," Luke answered honestly, and I nodded.

Luke suddenly decided to stand up and pulled me along with him, not telling me what was going on in his head.

"Luke?" I prompted.

"I just realized that we have no pictures together, except for the ones that Calum takes, so we're taking a photo," Luke revealed.

I laughed as Luke walked us into the bathroom and pulled out his phone. He handed me his phone while holding out his arms and telling me to jump. I did as he said and he held onto me as I wrapped my legs around his waist. I snapped a picture of us and Luke put my legs down, but kept his arms around me. I snapped another photo before turning the camera around and making a face and taking another photo.

"Perfect," I smiled and handed Luke his phone.

"Is it okay with you if I post one of these on Instagram? I'll just post it as a story," Luke asked.

"Yeah, sure. I mean they've seen my face before."

"Cool," Luke said before wrapping his arms back around me so I could see what he was doing. He picked the first photo post and added a little heart emoji before posting it.

I turned around in Luke's arms and gave him a quick kiss before pulling him out of the bathroom.

"Come on, pretty boy, we have a party to get ready for."