XXIV

I was both nervous and excited for the boys, as their album was being released at midnight. The whole day was filled with press and interviews for them, each day becoming more busy than the last. Most days, the only time I saw Luke was as we were going to bed. He was exhausted and I knew that, but they didn't have much longer until they were done with all the press before the tour. They got a week long break just before leaving and I was prepared to spend everyday with Luke.

    The boys were having an album release party at Calum's house with a few people who had helped on the album, and of course they wanted me there too. These past few weeks have been really great, and Luke and I were still going as strong as ever.

    We were all really excited about the album launch. Calum was practically bouncing off the walls, and Mike and Ash couldn't stop singing. They were blasting the album while everyone was excitedly talking and just having a good time. Luke and I were dancing together, with Calum taking pictures of us.

    Luke took one of the photos that Cal had taken and posted it on his Instagram with the caption, Album release with my favorite person <3.

    "You guys are so cute it's disgusting," Calum noted as we watched Luke post.

    I broke away from Luke to hit Calum on the arm and ended up jumping on his back.

    "Take me to the kitchen, good sir!" I yelled as Calum started laughing.

    "Bring her back in one piece, Cal!" Luke called to us.

    "No promises!" Cal called back with a maniacal laugh.

    Calum and I both laughed as he took us to the kitchen to get something to drink. Cal grabbed me a soda from his fridge, and fixed himself a drink before heading back to the living room. Once we walked back into the room Luke took out his phone and snapped a picture of Calum and I before I hopped off of Calum's back, only to jump onto Luke's with a giggle.

    "I refuse to walk anywhere for the rest of the night," I told Luke.

    "Okay, princess," he laughed.

    I smacked Luke on the shoulder softly, but laughed with him. Luke walked us over to the couch and gently set me down, before sitting next to me and pulling me on top of his lap. I wrapped my arms around his waist and snuggled into him.

    "Are you ready for your album to be out?" I asked.

    "Hell yes. I'm so excited," Luke replied.

    "I'm so proud of you," I whispered.

    Luke smiled at me before bringing his lips to mine for a slow, sweet kiss.

    "Can you two go a single day without being absolutely disgusting," Calum whined.

    I pulled away from Luke and climbed off of his lap to go hit Calum. Calum started yelling at me to stop while I heard Luke laughing at him in the background.

    "Luke! Get her off me!" Calum shrieked.

    "No, I'm good," Luke said back.

    I gave Cal one more hit to the arm before getting off of him and going back to Luke, a triumphant smile on my face. Luke pulled me back onto his lap with a smirk and I stuck my tongue out at Calum. I grabbed Lukes face with one hand and brought his lips to mine softly. I heard Calum making gagging noises in the background and laughed into the kiss. We slowly pulled apart and Luke was also quietly laughing at his best friend.

    Calum got off the couch and went to go complain to Michael and Ashton, leaving Luke and I alone once again.

    "One more hour," Luke excitedly whispered.

    I wrapped my arms around Luke and gave him a small squeeze. I was beyond excited for these boys, they had worked so hard for this album and deserved for it to have an amazing launch.

-

    "Aspen!" Luke yelled as he ran into the kitchen. He had just gotten off the phone with Ash and had so much energy.

    "Yes, crazy pants?" I asked.

    "We hit number one!"

    I shrieked and Luke picked me up off the ground, hugging me close to him.

    "Congrats Luke! You guys deserve this, I'm so proud of you!" I told him and gave him a quick kiss. I pulled back and wrapped my arms back around Luke to keep him close to me. Luke slowly set me back down on my feet but didn't release his hold on me.

    "The guys are coming over later to celebrate," Luke said into my hair.

    I said nothing and instead nodded my head as we began swaying. There was no music playing, just the pure joy we were feeling.