XXV

The past few weeks since the release of Youngblood, the boys had been busy doing press tours and everything that comes with being a band and releasing an album. We were to leave for the Meet You There tour in less than a week and I was excited, but also nervous. I didn't know why I was feeling nervous, but I could tell that the boys were pretty nervous as well, which made me feel slightly better.

    I had been missing having Luke around constantly, but soon enough I would be with him constantly while on tour and that made me feel a little better about being separated. I hadn't seen Luke in almost a week, which was honestly quite a shock after we had literally seen each other everyday for the last month and a half.

    Luke was finally getting home today, and I waited for him in the living room, my leg impatiently tapping while I watched the TV.

    The door opened and Luke walked in, and I shot up, running to him. I jumped into his arms and he caught me, holding me tight as if scared to let go.

    "Don't ever leave me alone for that long again," I whispered into his neck.

    Luke laughed and I pulled away, leaning back in to kiss him. I wrapped my legs around his waist, cupping his face with my hands.

    "I missed you too," Luke whispered as he pulled back slightly.

    I hugged him to me once more, burying my face in the crook of his neck and we just sat there like that for a moment until Calum, Ashton, and Michael came bursting through the door. I untangled myself from Luke and he put me down, still keeping his arms around my waist.

    "What, you only missed Luke and not the rest of us?" Calum asked as he opened his arms for a hug.

    "I missed you too Callie," I said as I walked into Calum's waiting arms. He wrapped his arms around my back and I nuzzled into his chest.

    I stayed in Calum's arms for a moment before pulling away to give Ash and Mike hugs as well. Once I gave everyone a hug Luke came back up to me, wrapping his arms around me from behind and resting his chin on the top of my head.

    "We just wanted to drop in and say hi, we'll leave you two alone now," Ashton stated as he grabbed Michael and Calum and started to walk away.

    "Bye guys, I'll see you in a few days," I called as they left.

    Once they were gone, I turned around in Luke's arms so I could face him, and reached up on my tippy toes, kissing him again.

    "I missed you the most, though," I whispered against his lips. Luke smiled into the kiss and lifted me up. I broke away from the kiss, wrapping my legs around his waist and he carried us to the couch. He sat us both down on the couch and I wrapped myself around him, resting my head on the crook of his neck. Luke ran his hands through the ends of my hair as we laid there on the couch, comfortably wrapped in each other's presence.

    "I'm so glad I'm going with you on this tour, I don't know what I would do if I wasn't," I whispered.

    "I'm glad you're going too," Luke told me.

    "Are you excited?"

    "Yeah, I'm so ready to be back on stage. We literally just got back from a tour, but I already miss being on stage with the guys."

    "I bet. I can't wait to see you guys perform. You haven't let me go to any of your practices yet."

    "I want you to see the finished show, not the shitty version," Luke chuckled and started shifting so that he could lay down on the couch, taking me with him.

    "I bet you guys are really good," I stated.

    "I would hope so, considering we've made a career of this."

    "That's very true. I haven't watched any videos of you guys performing yet because I want to be surprised by your talent."

    "Guess I'll have to wait to serenade you then."

    "Wait, no, you could totally sing for me, I would be okay with getting a sneak peak at what you sound like."

    "No it's okay, you can wait," Luke smirked.

    "Luke," I whined.

    "Aspen," he mocked before sighing and getting up to go get his guitar.

    When Luke came back with his acoustic guitar, he sat down on the couch and I sat next to him, pulling out my phone to record him.

    "Aspen, don't record me," he said as he started strumming on the guitar.

    "Too bad. What song are you going to play?" I asked as I continued to record him.

    "Better Man."

    I smiled as Luke started to sing the lyrics to the song, swaying back and forth with him as he played.

    "With your love, your love, I'm a better, better man," Luke sang as he maintained eye contact with me.

    I smiled at Luke and a small smile formed on his lips at me as he continued to sing.

    "Darling, all of my wrongs, they led me right to you, wrapped in your arms, I swear I'd die for your love, your love, I'm a better, better man."

    Luke finished singing and I started clapping and whooping as if I was at an actual concert and Luke laughed at me while putting his guitar down.

    "That was great, Luke, thank you," I said.

    "The first and only person to hear me play that song on an acoustic guitar," Luke stated.

    "Good," I smiled before standing up from the couch and taking Luke's hands.

    I pulled Luke off the couch with our connected hands and told him to stay put while I went to play some music from the speaker in the kitchen. The music started playing and it danced through the house as I went back over to Luke and took his hands once more, wrapping them around my waist. I then wrapped my own arms around Luke's neck and we started swaying in place.

    "You're so beautiful," Luke whispered as he brought one of his hands up to tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear.

    I smiled at Luke shyly as his hand lingered on my face. He then brought us together for a short but sweet kiss before wrapping his hand around my waist again and resting his forehead on mine.

    Luke and I danced together to various songs until it was so late that he had to carry me to bed. It was magical and I felt like a princess as he stared at me with a beautiful smile on his face, making me feel like I was the most beautiful girl in the world.