XXVII

The last two days of being on tour with the guys had been so much fun, but we were back on the plane heading to Australia. Luke was excited for me to see his home country and show me all of his old favorite spots back when he was in school. The entire band seemed so much more carefree and happy as we rode to the hotel we were staying at. Luke was excitedly telling me about his favorite things to do in Australia while Calum and Ash would butt in to tell me about theirs.

    I loved seeing my favorite people being so happy like this. I knew they weren't unhappy in LA, but as someone who had also moved away from their hometown, I understood how they were feeling about being back.

    "You, okay?" Luke whispered and nudged my foot with his.

    "Yeah, I just love seeing you guys so happy," I explained.

    "I'm just really glad I get to share something so important to me with you. I mean not just Australia, but also touring and playing music."

    "I never would've struck you as the cheesy type until we started dating, Hemmings."

    "You started it, Miller."

    I rolled my eyes at Luke and nudged his foot with mine back. Luke continued to talk to me about Australia and I just stared at him and how happy and cute he looked while talking about this place he loves so much.

    The band had a friend, Andy, who was also a photographer that came with them to film for their youtube channel and also take photos for them. I caught Andy pointing his camera at Luke and I and took a photo and I flicked him off as he took another, the two of us laughing.

    "You'll thank me later when you have photos of you and Luke," Andy said to me.

    "I'm sure I will, but I just got off an airplane and would rather not be photographed right now," I told him with a laugh.

    Andy shook his head at me and Luke smiled while wrapping his arm around my shoulders. Andy snapped one last picture of us before turning around to take some videos of the car ride.

    "I want you to meet my mum while we're here," Luke whispered as he brought his face closer to mine to keep our conversation private.

    "Your mom? That's a little scary," I whispered back.

    "She'll love you, I promise. I mean, she basically already knows you."
    "Aw, do you talk about me to your mommy?"

    "You don't?"

    "I don't really talk to my parents anymore," I looked down at my lap and said.

    "Oh, I'm sorry love, I didn't know," Luke apologized.

    "No, I know, it's okay. They're just not the best people and haven't been the best parents to me. They're part of why I moved here. I actually hope you never meet them."

    Luke gave me a sad look before wrapping his arm around me and kissing the side of my head.

    We arrived at the hotel a few minutes later, and Luke and I were put in the same room, while Mike and Crystal had a room, and Calum and Ash also had one. Luke and I carried our bags to our room, trailing behind the rest of the group. Everyone's rooms were grouped together in the same hall so we were all walking to the same place.

    Once we got into our room, I set my stuff down and jumped onto the king sized bed that sat in the middle of the room. Luke followed my lead, laying down next to me and pulling me closer to him.

    "The guys and I wanted to take you and Crystal around the city today before we have to go on tomorrow, how does that sound?" Luke asked me.

    "Sounds great, just give me a bit to get ready," I said.

    "Of course, love."

    Luke let go of me and the two of us rolled off the bed to go get ready. I ended up texting Crystal to see what she would be wearing so that I could get a feel for what I was expected to wear before choosing my outfit and everything. Once Luke and I were ready to go, we met the rest of the band and Andy out in the hallway and headed down.

    Spending the day with Luke, Cal, Ash and Mike was almost the same as spending it in Calum's house, except they were a little more behaved while we were out in public. The four of them were still menaces, don't get me wrong, but they toned it down slightly, as to not disturb the public too much.

    Multiple times I caught Andy taking a photo of Luke and I as we were doing something, or filming us, and for the first time, I was a little nervous about what the fandom would say about me. They had known me for months, but this was different, I was on tour with them. As Luke's actual girlfriend. Being out in public with the entire band was also a little weird, because there were more fans taking pictures with the band while they were in a group. Luke and I weren't really stopped all that much when we were on our own in LA, but here people were more inclined to stop us and take a picture or even just talk to the boys. Crystal and I were also ignored, which was new to me as well. Crystal told me that this happened a lot with friends or significant others of the band while they were out in other countries. It made sense, though, because the fans are here for 5 Seconds of Summer and not the girlfriends of their favorite band.

    Before we made our way back to the hotel, we stopped by the venue to take a picture in front of it. We took several photos, groups, individuals, and couples, and then headed off back in the direction of the hotel.

    Settling into the hotel bed, Luke wrapped me in his arms and we talked late into the night, until we both drifted off to sleep, much like we did back home.