XX

Cal, Mike, and Ash were off in the other room playing another board game while Luke and I sat on the couch just talking to each other. I was sitting with my legs over Luke's lap while he had an arm wrapped around me to hold me close to him.

"You still haven't told me what happened with you and Arzaylea," I whispered.

    "I'll tell you when we get home, those three get really talkative when I try to talk about her," he promised.

    "Good."

    Luke leaned down to give me a quick kiss and I smiled at him. I truly felt so happy when I was with him. He made me feel invincible.

    "Wait, are you two officially together?" Michael asked as he walked into the room, catching a glimpse of Luke kissing me.

    I looked at Luke to let him answer this, because truthfully I didn't know the answer.

    "Uh," he stalled.

    "Oh, you guys haven't had that talk yet, okay then. I'll get out of here then, let you sort that one out," Michael noted and left the room again.

    "Aspen," Luke started dramatically, "will you be my girlfriend?"

    "What if I said no," I joked.

    Luke put his hand over his heart, pretending like he had been shot and falling sideways on the couch. I laughed at him, but moved so that I was laying on top of him.

    "I'm just joking, of course I'll be your girlfriend, you big weirdo," I told him.

    Luke smiled and cupped my face with one hand, moving it down so that he could kiss me. I would never get over the feeling of kissing Luke, everytime felt like the first.

    "Good, because if you had said no you might've found yourself living with Ashton," he said jokingly.

    "What's with everyone and threatening to make me live with Ashton?" I asked him.

    "Would you rather live with me or Ashton?"

    "You, duh."

    "There you go, that's your answer."

    I laughed at him and planted another quick kiss on his lips before wrapping my arms around him and just laying there. Luke wrapped his arms around me and used one to gently brush his fingers through my hair.

    Michael walked back into the room and sat down on the couch next to Luke's feet.

    "So what's the verdict?" He asked.

    "Yes," I responded.

    "Finally, oh my god, we've been waiting for this since the day Luke showed up here with you for the first time"

    "You mean when I was still with my ex?"

    "Yeah, your shitty abusive ex. Between you and me, even though I never met the guy, you and Luke always had way more chemistry."

    "Are all of you so gossipy?"

    "Not me, just them," Luke defended himself.

    "Don't lie, Lucas," Ashton called from the other room.

    "Not my name," Luke called back.

    "Lucas?" I questioned.

    "It's a joke that the fandom has," Luke explained.

    "Along with breadstick," Ashton informed me.

    "No, don't tell her about that one," Luke argued.

    "No, do tell me about that one, Ash," I instigated.

    Luke sighed and pinched my side causing me to laugh at him.

    "God, get a room," Michael whined.

    "We did, and then you came and interrupted," Luke stated.

    Michael laughed at Luke, but got off the couch so that we could be left alone again. Once he was gone, Luke leaned up to give me a quick peck.

    "What was that for?" I asked.

    "For making me so happy," he answered.

-

    We walked into Luke's house later that night, and instead of going our separate ways, Luke held on to my hand and pulled me into his room with him.

    "Stay with me tonight?" Luke asked as he led me further into his room.

    I smiled and nodded my head, letting him pull me to his bed. Luke laid down in the bed and followed him, letting him pull me in close.

    "I'm so glad we listened to Calum," Luke whispered.

    "Me too," I agreed and closed my eyes.

    Luke played with my hair as I let myself drift off to sleep, peace finally taking over me.