XXXIX

"Aspen, do you want to go to Michaels with me tonight?" Calum asked as he walked into the room I had been staying in for the last month.

    "Will Luke be there?" I countered.

    "No, but Crystal will be."

    "Sure, as long as Michael's getting us food."

    "Oh he definitely is, he owes me."

    "What for?"

    "He lost a bet to me, so he owes me dinner, which now extends to you."

    I rolled my eyes at Calum and shooed him out of my room so that I could call Luke. I dialed his number and he picked up almost immediately.

    "Hello, love," Luke greeted me, sounding more chipper than usual.

    "What are you so happy about?" I asked him.

    "Hearing your voice."

    "Cute, but really, what's up?"

    "That's quite literally the only reason I am so happy right now, love."

    "You're so cheesy, you know that Hemmings?"

    "Good, that's the goal," Luke said.

    "What are you up to today," I asked him to change the subject.

    "I think Ash and I are going out to dinner tonight," he replied.

    "Awe, have fun on your date."

    "Ha, ha, very funny. What are your plans for today?"

    "Cal and I are going to Michaels later, so I'm gonna be hanging out with Crystal for the majority of the night."

    "Damn, why wasn't I invited?"

    "Maybe because you and Ashton have plans," I reminded him.

    "Right, of course. I'll convince Ash to drop by Mikes after we get dinner so I can see you sometime this week."

    "Aspen, we're leaving in like thirty minutes!" Calum called from downstairs.

    "Hey, I have to go so I can get ready to go to Mike's, I'll see you later," I told Luke.

    "I'll see you later. I love you," Luke responded.

    "I love you."

-

    Dinner at Michael's had consisted of him buying a pizza for us and sitting around the living room eating said pizza. I honestly wasn't complaining, though, because I was just happy to get to hang out with my friends.

    Crystal and I had spent the majority of the time catching each other up on all the drama in our lives and also talking about our annoying rockstar boyfriends.

    "Aspen, you have a visitor," Michael called from the door after he had gotten up to get in when the doorbell rang.

    I shot up from my spot on the couch excitedly, already knowing who it was. I ran to the door to see Luke standing there, with a smile on his face, waiting for me. I ran into his arms and hugged him close to me, missing his touch after going almost two weeks without having seen him in person.

    "Hey, pretty boy, how was your date?" I tease as I look up at his face.

    "Best date I've ever been on," Luke teased back as he wrapped his arms around me.

    "Oh my god, I missed you so much," I whispered to Luke.

    Luke brought his hand to tuck my hair behind my ear, resting his hand on face after.

    "I missed you too," he whispered back and placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

    Luke and I separated long enough to make our way to Michaels couch, where I sat close to Luke as he pulled me into his side. I finally felt like things were going back to normal as I melted into Luke and slung my legs over his.

    "How are you doing," Luke asked me as our friends started their own conversation around us.

    "A lot better now that I'm able to see you," I answered honestly.

    "Me too. The house feels so empty now that you aren't there. I can't wait until you can come back."

    "I just want this whole thing to be over. I don't understand why Mark cares so much about what a few trolls are saying, obviously teenage girls aren't going to like it when their celeb crush is in a relationship."

    "The only good decision that man has ever made was having us start this thing in the first place."

    "A-fucking-men."

    "Are you two going to stop flirting and join the conversation, or...?" Calum trailed off, interrupting Luke and I.

    "Calum, we haven't seen each other in two weeks, fuck off," I responded and laid my head on Luke's shoulder.

    "Are you okay?" Luke asked, noticing how tired I was.

    "I'm just tired from work and stuff, don't worry," I told him.

    "Try to go to bed earlier tonight."

    "I might fall asleep on you right now."

    "Go ahead, I won't mind."

    I smiled at Luke and let my eyes close, listening to my friends' laughter around me. Luke's arm that was around me started to rub my arm soothingly and eventually I found myself drifting off to sleep, finally content with where I was for the first time all month.