Chapter 11 - Explain

 — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Dream SMP

"So..." Clay said. "I think we're going to need a couple of explanations."

"Fine," Cally said.

"We're from Dream SMP and Hermitcraft," Silvia said.

"I'm a Watcher and so is Wynne," Grian said.

"I'm a Time Traveler and Aster's a Dimension Traveler," Silvia said.

"And we come from 2036," Aster said.

"And why are you here?" Ryan asked.

"Because Karl lost his memories," Cally replied.

"And Wynne made Cally, Aster and Silvia bring him along and Mumbo insisted on going with them," Grian said.

'How did you get here?" George asked.

"Aster is a Dimension Traveler," Wynne said.

"Don't be rude Wynne," Grian scolded.

"So me and Gri-" Ryan started.

"Have a child from Watcher Magic," Grian said.

"Oh-" Charles said. "Just Watcher Magic."

"Yes, what do you think?" Scar asked.

"I know exactly how they thought Wynne was created," Cally said.

"No surprise there," Silvia said. "That's what everyone thinks at first isn't it?"

"True," Wynne said.

"Well, we're going to be leaving probably tomorrow," Silvia said, looking down at her watch.

"Where are we going to next?" Aster asked.

"Dunno," Sivlia said. "I only know the year. You're the one that knows where."

"But I'm not 15 yet," Aster whined.

"L," Wynne said.

"Fine," Aster said. "When are we going to next?"

"2015?" Silvia said.

"That far back?!" Cally asked.

"I guess so," Sivlia replied.

— — —

Hermitcraft

Wynne went outside with his bag and sat down next to a tree. He took the book on Watchers out of his bag and turned to where he left off.

The last time the Watcher's abilities increased was 1036. The predicted year where Watchers will succeed in ending the world is 2036.

The line scared Wynne. He didn't even know when in 2036 it was gonna happen! So he started reading more.

Every year, this happens on December 31st.

December 31st. So this was months away. They still had time.

He put the bookmark back in and flipped a page to all Watchers known. He recognized a few names.

Xelqua Bellum, Xena Ferox, Xylo Carcer, Xyla Carcer

He flipped a page, labeled 'Half-Watchers'

Wynne ignored most of the names...until...

Pearl Moon

The young Hermit was shocked. Pearl was a Half-Watcher? How?

He closed the book and put it back into his bag, before running back inside to Grian to ask questions.

"Hey Dad?"

"What's up Wynne?" Grian asked.

"Can I ask a few questions about Watchers?"

Grian looked around the room and back down at Wynne. "Alright, but let's go outside."

The two went outside and climbed up the tree onto a sturdy enough branch.

"Alright Wynne, what did you want to ask?"

Wynne took a deep breath. "What's a Half-Watcher?"

"Well, someone who's basically a Watcher but has less abilities than Watchers." Grian responded. "Why?"

"I dunno," Wynne lied. "Just curious I guess. How does one become a Half-Watcher?"

"Usually," Grian said. "A Watcher will have a kid with someone who's not a Watcher. If they have kids, there'll be a chance that the kid is a Watcher or not. If the kid isn't a Watcher and has kids with someone who's also not a Watcher, then their kid may become a Half-Watcher."

"How?"

"Well, the kid that wasn't a Watcher still had some Watcher blood and DNA in them from their parent that was a Watcher. So that DNA may come through with the kid." Grian laughed. "I suppose you'd want to know the difference between a Watcher and born Watcher too?"

Wynne nodded.

"It's actually quite simple," Grian commented. "A born Watcher is just a Watcher who had two parents that were both Watchers."

"Oh ok," Wynne said. "Makes sense. And I noticed you turned into Mumbo."

"Why?" Grian asked. "What did I say?"

Wynne imitated his best Mumbo voice. "It'S aCtUaLlY qUiTe SiMpLe. Or, It'S qUiTe SiMpLe ReAlLy."

Grian laughed. "Oh, now I get it. Anyway, I'm going back inside. Coming?"

"Nah," Wynne said, slowly shaking his head.

"Alright," Grian said as he walked back inside.

Wynne climbed back down the tree and sat under it, opening the book again.

Then a voice startled him. "So why did you wanna know so much about Watchers?"

The young Hermit swiftly turned around to find Aster, and pushed his glasses up.

"Very funny, Aster. What are you doing here?"

"I was bored," He responded. "So I decided to eavesdrop. Now why did you want to know so much about Watchers?"

Wynne sighed. "Promise you'll keep it a secret?"

"Promise," Aster said with a nod.

The Hermit took out the leather book from his bag. "I stole this book from my parents' room."

Aster grabbed it and started flipping through it.

"Wow," He said, handing Wynne the book back.

Wynne put the book back in his bag once more and leaned against the tree. "Y'know, this isn't a bad place to go to sleep."

Aster nodded, yawning. "I agree."

Wynne slowly shut his eyes, the last thing he saw was a beautiful sunset.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

For the next couple of chapters, there won't be separated POVs

- Pleb

Ferox in Latin means fierce. Carcer means prison. I chose to add this little easter egg bc y'know how Xena was controlling Xylo in book 2? Well it was like he was her prisoner. I was looking through old comments I made in Repeat, and one said that the book was almost over in chapter 17. Haha, NOPE- IT WAS 42 FRICKING CHAPTERS. I think. I also love how the fandom has simultaneously agreed that X and EX are brothers, Grian is short and has wings of some sort, etc.
-Galactic