Chapter Six

Eddie left Steves room as quickly and as quietly as he could that morning. Well, as quietly as he could while using crutches. He was embarrassed about crying infront of Steve and he didn't want to be there when Steve woke up. Eddie feared Steve would still see him as a freak even though the man had told him he didn't. He was also embarrassed at the fact he had woken up with a massive hard on. If Steve had woken up and noticed that then Eddie would have died on the spot.

He grabbed some fresh clothes and then shut himself in the bathroom. He stripped down and stepped into the shower, making sure the water was cold. Eddie tried so hard to get his boner to go down by thinking about anything but Steve. Sadly, he failed and he knew there was only one thing he could do to get rid of it. He wrapped his hand around his dick and started to touch himself. Steve never leaving his mind.

                   ________  ♡  ________

After he was sure Eddie had definitely left the room Steve opened his eyes. He had been awake for about 10 minutes before Eddie had woken up. He had been watching the doe eyed man sleep and he didn't want his friend to catch him so he pretended to be asleep as soon as he felt Eddie stir. Steve tried to keep his breathing normal to make it more believable and it seemed to have worked. Although he couldn't stop thinking about how Eddies arm had grazed against his dick. He tried so hard not to lose his cool even when he felt his dick starting to get hard. Steve hoped Eddie hadn't noticed it but by the way he left the room so quickly he wouldn't be surprised if he had.

He sat up when he heard the bathroom door shut and breathed a sigh of relief. Steve had a lot of thinking to do so he decided once his boner had gone down he would go for a drive. Or even just a walk through the woods around the cabin.

Steve pulled on some sweatpants and a hoodie and made his way to the kitchen. As he passed the bathroom he could hear the water running but what he didn't expect to hear were soft moans. He stopped to listen and it didn't take long before he figured out what Eddie was doing. The thought of Eddie touching himself made Steves dick twitch and he didn't want to admit it but he hoped Eddie was thinking about him.

Steve snapped out of it and shook his head before continuing to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He scolded himself. It was stupid of him to even think Eddie might be into him. He was probably thinking about one of the girls and he wouldn't be surprised if it was Nancy. She and Eddie had spent the most time together while Eddie was recovering. Who wouldn't fancy Nancy?

He heard the shower stop, rushed to get his shoes on and left the house as quietly as he could. He ran to his car and started driving. Steve didn't know where he was going to go but he just needed to get away from the cabin for a bit.

Before he knew it he found himself pulling up to Robins house. He checked the driveway for her parents car and was happy to see it wasn't there.

Steve made his way up the path and rapidly knocked on the door. As soon as Robin opened the door he barged in, not giving her a chance to process who was at the door.

"Hello to you too, dingus!" She yelled after him as she shut the door and followed him up to her room. When she got up there she found him curled up on her bed with one of her cushions covering his face. "What the hell's wrong with you?"

Steve didn't know what to say so he stayed silent. Robin frowned and sat down beside him, poking his arm to try and get a response out of him.

"Steve, come on. You're starting to worry me!"

"Give me a minute, Rob."

Instead of replying she just patted his shoulder and sat there quietly, twiddling her thumbs while she waited. After what felt like ages Steve finally removed the cushion from his face.

"I'm confused, Rob. I'm so fucking confused and I just needed to get out of the cabin."

"You've only been there for two days. What the hell is going on? Why are you confused?"

"Ever since Nancy dumped me I've failed at finding someone else. I've lost my touch with the ladies, as you've often pointed out, and I had no clue why. Until recently." Steve said, sitting up and looking at Robin.

"Oh no, Stevie. Please don't tell me you're still in love with her."

"No, no, no. Fuck no! I know that ship has sailed for me. You don't need to worry about that," Steve was starting to get a little stressed. "Robin, I... I think I might not be straight."

Robins eyes widened in shock and her jaw dropped. She watched her best friend turn red and hide his face with the cushion again.  "And why would you think that, Stevie?"

"You know when we were in the upside down walking through the woods? You had walked on ahead with Nancy and I was left with Eddie. He started talking about how he was a little jealous of how Dustin was always talking about me. I caught myself staring at his lips." Steve took a deep breath in before continuing. "At the time I stopped myself and quickly forgot about it due to the whole Vecna thing going on."

He paused for a minute to glance at Robin and saw her grinning at him. He rolled his eyes. "Then the first night at the cabin, after you guys had all left, we sat down to talk about why I had been avoiding him. Now, I didn't lie to him exactly but I did withold part of the reason.."

"That reason being you realised you might have feelings for Eddie and got scared?"

"Yeah, that. Then last night I had a nightmare about the bats and apparently I was screaming in my sleep so Eddie came into my room and we talked for a little bit and then suddenly he was crying so without thinking I just held him. And it seems we fell asleep holding each other."

Robin listened carefully as Steve told her the events of that morning before he had shown up on her doorstep. He knew she would keep it to herself and he trusted her completely even though sometimes she had a tendency to blurt things out.

After Steve had gotten everything off of his chest he felt a lot better.

"Before I say anything about this I first want to say that we are going to have a talk about the fact you've been keeping these nightmares a secret from me. And don't lie because I can just tell!" Robin said, trying not to get angry. It hurt that her best friend had been suffering in silence and hadn't come to her. "As for this thing with Eddie? Just talk to him!"

Steve gave her a sheepish look. He knew he shouldn't have kept the nightmares from her but he hadn't wanted to worry her as she was also having nightmares. Everyone involved was probably having nightmares.

"What do I say to him? I still think he has a thing for Nancy. Like I said, they've gotten really close lately."

"Pfft, you really are a dingus! I'm very observant and I can promise you that I have never seen Eddie look at Nancy in any way other than a friendly, platonic way. But the way I've seen him look at you? It's totally possible he has a thing for you!"

Steve thought for a minute and realised Robin might be right.

'I mean, you heard him moaning in the shower minutes after you guys had been cuddling in bed. Thats not a coincidence, Stevie."

After a little while the conversation turned from Eddie to Robin and Vickie and he listened as she gushed about how Vickie had been giving her signs she might like Robin back. It wasn't til Steve looked at the clock and saw that it was already midday that he decided he had best get back to the cabin.

"I had better get back, Rob. I still need to set up the phone so people can actually get in contact with me."

"Alright loser. Make sure you call me first and give me your number so I can give it to the others."

Steve pulled her in for a hug before leaving and making his way back home. He had no idea where Eddie would be in the cabin so he tried to compose himself before doing the special knock and entering. His hope of Eddie being in his room was crushed as he walked into the kitchen and came face to face with the long, curly haired man.

"Where the hell have you been, Harrington?"