Chapter Twenty

Lucas was the first one awake the next morning. It was 8am and he was eager to get to Max so he shook his friends awake and then ran out of the bedroom to wake everyone else up. He ran into the mens bedroom and was surprised by the sight before him but he wasn't sure whether he wanted to ruin the cute moment. He finally decided to leave them be and snuck out of the room.

He ran onto the living room next and was surprised to find everyone in there already awake.

"Someone needs to take me to see Max! Please? I need to be there when she wakes up!" He exclaimed, hoping one of them would agree and go immediately.

"Lucas, you need to eat some breakfast first, sweetheart." Joyce replied, throwing off her blanket and heading to the kitchen.

"But..."

"No 'buts', son." Hopper spoke up. " You will do as Joyce says!"

Lucas rolled his eyes but did as he was told and went to sit at the kitchen island while Joyce started cooking breakfast. The other kids soon joined him and were happily talking amonst themselves as they ate pancakes.

Hopper and Jonathan sat on the sofa to eat their food while Nancy excused herself and went to check on Robin, Steve and Eddie. She expected to find Robin asleep on the floor but what she saw instead made her heart swell. Robin was cuddling Eddie in her arms while Steve was spooning Robin. It was all very innocent and sweet and she didn't want to disturb them. Especially the two men after she heard the trauma they relived when the explosion from the Upside Down happened. But she knew they would be annoyed if she didn't wake them so she gently sat on the edge of bed and stroked Steves arm. He stirred a little and groaned, burying his face into Robins back. Eddie opened one eye and stared at her for a second before grabbing her arm and pulling her to the other side of the bed. He made it so she was spooning him and she honestly liked it. The four of them had been through hell together in the Upside Down. The four of them had bonded for life and in that moment she felt complete. She knew these were her platonic soulmates.

"As much as I'm enjoying this you guys need to get up and have some breakfast!" She gave Eddie a squeeze and stroked Robins cheek before climbing back over their legs and making her way out of the room. She glanced back to see Eddie and Robin slowly sit up before she left.

Robin and Eddie looked at a still sleeping Steve and then looked back at each other, sharing a mischievous grin. They counted down from three silently and then both pushed Steve off of the bed. There were cushions on the floor so he didn't get hurt but he still yelled and let out a groan as he looked up from the floor and saw his friend and boyfriend grinning down at him.

"Fuck you guys!"

"Maybe later, pretty boy!" Eddie winked before getting off the bed and walking into the closet where he had started moving in his clothes. He quickly got changed and gave Robin something to change into. He gave Steve another wink before leaving the room to go and get some food. Robin quickly got changed and left the room so Steve could get changed.

Soon after the whole family were eating together, happily chatting away. The atmosphere was the most chilled it had ever been and there was nothing to worry about anymore. They could all relax.

Just as the last few people finished eating Lucas started rounding people up to go and see Max. Hopper and Eddie had to stay behind for obvious reasons but Nancy and Jonathan agreed to take all the kids while the others stayed behind. They didn't want to take too many people and ovewhelm Max when she woke up. El said she had a feeling Max would wake up that day.

Just before the group were about to leave El froze and closed her eyes. A few seconds later she opened them again and a worried expression appeared on her face.