Chapter Sixteen

Steve, Hopper and Jonathan went back outside to set up the barbeque grill. Even though the cabin was outside of Hawkins and there was less chance of them being seen they set up a massive tent with removable sides so they could hide from sight if needed.

Joyce, Nancy and Robin started bringing out the food and drinks while Eddie and all the kids brought out camping chairs and tables. The weather was nice but there was a slight chill so El and Will ran back inside to get blankets for everyone. Soon enough they were all sat down, comfy and chatting while Hopper grilled the meat.

Steve was sat between Nancy and Robin while Eddie was sat between all the kids. The two men kept stealing glances at each other and sometimes Eddie would wink and smirk when he saw his boyfriend blush.

Robin leaned in to Steve and whispered in his ear. "Eddie told me you guys were thinking about telling everyone. I think you should."

Steve glanced at Nancy and Jonathan to see if there was a chance of them overhearing but thankfully they were both deep in conversation. "I just, I don't know Rob," He whispered back. "I mean, I told Joyce and she was totally okay with it."

"I know for a fact everyone here would accept you and support you. You see those kids over there? You had a hand in raising them these past few years. They will love you no matter what. Are you worried about what N will think?"

"Yeah, but I don't really know why. Its just that she was the first person I ever loved..."

"I think I understand. But I've gotten to know her so much lately and what I know is that she cares about you and just wants you to be happy. I think she will be happy for you!"

Steve took a few minutes to think about what Robin had said before he excused himself to go to the toilet.

Eddie had watched his boyfriend and Robin whispering to each other and wanted to know what they were saying. He told everyone he was going inside to get more drinks and then quickly went after Steve.

He found his boyfriend in their bedroom. It was Steves room but they mostly slept in there together so it was now considered the main bedroom. They had talked about just moving Eddies stuff in there as it was the bigger bedroom. That would leave them with a spare room for people to sleep over.

"Hey, pretty boy. Are you okay?" He stood in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe. Steve had his head in one hand and in the other hand he had a photograph.

Steve looked up and smiled lovingly at his boyfriend. He was looking at a polaroid photo the two had taken a couple of weeks ago on one of their walks.

"Yeah, I'm okay! I just needed a minute to prepare myself."

"Prepare yourself for what?"

"To tell everyone about us." Steve replied, grinning at Eddie. His smile got even wider when he saw Eddies face light up.

"Are you serious?!"

Steve got up, walked over to his boyfriend and gave him the photo of them. "I am very serious, sweetheart."

Eddie melted at the new nickname and pulled Steve in for a quick kiss. "Lets go then! How do you want to do this?"

"I have no clue, actually. I was just going to wing it."

The two lovers made their way back outside to join their family. Eddie still couldn't get over the fact he was now part of a family. It was something he never really had and it meant the world to him.

Steve and Eddie went back to their own seats. They had decided they would wait til a bit later on when everyone was done eating.

Steve looked around at his family and his heart swelled. Joyce and Hopper were flirting like young teens and giggling together. Robin and Nancy had pushed their chairs closer together and were laughing about something Steve couldn't make out. Jonathan and Will had wandered off a little ways to talk about something secret. The other kids were enthusiastically talking about a new game with Eddie and Eddie was just nodding his head pretending he knew what was going on.