Chapter 3

Zed snuck through the Halls for the other side of School, the Human Side. He had gotten on this part via the inside Gate that the Principal didn't lock properly.

He had absolutely no clue where he was Going as he limped through the halls. Yeah, going Outside was Obvious, but he didn't really know his way around yet, and he couldn't really as my anybody without them freaking out.

As he turned the Corner, he bumped into a Human Student with Ebony Skin and Box Braids. " Oh! Sorry-" The Girl started before her eyes widened in fear. " Oh, It's fine. Do you know where the-" Before Zed could finish his Sentence, The girl screamed loudly, dropping her Bathroom pass before running off and Pulling the 'Z-Alarm' Lever and Ducking around the corner.

The Alarm was Blaring in Zeds ears, and the Flashing Red lights were Overstimulating to look at. People began to flood out of their classed, trampling over each other and Bumping Zed into the Floor as they Ran for their lives. Zed pulled himself up as the crowd slowly disappeared, people where still running by, but it was still pretty cramped.

Meanwhile, Addison was escorting Bree out of their Classroom. Reassuring the Shorter girl that there was Nothing to be Afraid of, people pull the lever all the time, and that there was a Zombie Safe room just infront of them.

Addison didn't see Zed crashing into the Wall behind her when she got infront of Bree, and Bree screamed loudly once she saw the Guy with green hair and she Ran in the opposite direction.

Behind Addison, Zed opened the Door to the Zombie Safe Room and Rushed in, tripping over a few things, which caught Addisons attention. Zed heard her footsteps approaching and he scrambled up and crawled away on all fours.

" Hello?" Addison called as she Stepped inside the Safe room, Shutting the Door and engulfing the Room in Darkness. " Is anyone in here? I heard stuff get knocked over, are you Okay?" Zed curled up in a Corner as he watched the Person walk around, possibly looking for a Lightswitch. Zombies can see Perfectly in the Dark, Humans... not so much. Zed slowly crawled out of his Hiding place before standing up.

" Uh-" The Masculine voice broke the silence and startled Addison. " Y-Yeah I'm fine. No worries." " Oh Good." Addison sighed in relief. The Person chuckled. " Yeah.. Uh, I'm Zed, by the way. I just started School today." " Oh cool! My Friend Bree just started today too! Her, and a bunch of Zombies from the other side of town.. Geez, so many people started today.. My names Addison! But everyone calls me Addie or DiDi." The voice chuckled again. " I like that name; 'DiDi'. Just rolls off the tongue." Addison giggled. " I like the way it sounds too! But no one ever actually calls me that."

" Well I'll call you that, DiDi!"

Addison giggled again and started walking away from the Wall and towards where the voice was coming from. " I'm starting to like you, Zed." " Yeah, I have that kind of effect on people." Addison snickered. Her eyes had adjusted to the Darkness, and she could faintly make out the Silhouette of someone who was just about as tall as her, though they were Slouching, so they may be Taller than her if they stood up properly. " So, Anything you plan on getting into?" " Uh.. I wanna join the football team, but the Principal said I'd be no good with my Blind eye and my Knocked Knees."

" Oh, Im so sorry. You should still try anyway! I'm sure you'd be great!" " Really? Uh- What are you planning to get into?" " Cheerleading! I've been into it since I was a kid." The two strangers finally got close to each other, Addison couldn't see him Properly, but Zed could see her Perfectly.

Her Hair was Snow White and went down to her shoulders, she had a cute little Strawberry Hair clip in her hair on one side of it. Her eyes where a beautiful shade of Cobalt blue. She had freckles all over her face, and she wore a small smile that showed off her teeth, and she had a little Gap between her two front ones that Zed thought was really cute.

Zed also saw something else, a string that led into the Ceiling. He grabbed it and Pulled, and suddenly the Room was fully lit.

Addison gasped and Jumped back. " Y-You're a..." " Aw.. Do you not like me anymore?" Zed asked in a demeaning manner, tilting his head. " Uh- No, No! It's just.. I wasn't expecting you to be a Zombie!" Addison playing with her fingers as Zed looked around. Addison turned her attention to Zeds legs. He was right, he did have knocked knees, and he stood all Pigeon Footed. He knees where touching and his feet where far apart. He was also slouching really far, and one of his eyes was all Foggy.

" Uh.. Hey," Addison spoke up, walking over to one of the many shelves and picking up some Duct tape and some Wooden Planks. " Want me to fix your legs before you try out for Football?"

-🧠-

Addison had sat Zed down on one of the Beds and twisted his leg to face the normal way, holding his Foot in between her thighs as she held the Wood in place. It was a tricky job, but she got the duct tape around the wood. She did it on both legs and then stood up. " I don't know how Sturdy that is, or if it's even going to help.." Zed jumped off the Bed and stood stiffly for a second. He shook his leg a little, and when he put it down, he didn't stand on Pigeon Feet. " I can't bend my knees, so I don't know how I'm going to run.. but it'll be better than limping!"

Addison stood infront of Zed and smiled. " Good luck." " You too! With the Cheerleading thing and all.. See you on the Fields?" " See you on the Fields, Zed." Zed walked over to the Door, but as soon as he opened it, he looked over to Addison. " You don't mind walking me to the fields, right? I have no clue where it is." Addison giggled and walked to the door as well. " Sure, Follow me."