Chapter 9

As Zed limped through the Halls, he saw Addison emerging from the women's Bathroom. She was pale and her legs were wobbly as she leaned against the Brick wall, her forehead touching the Cold, painted wall.

" Hey, DiDi!" Addison jumped and spun around, seeing Zed limp over to her. She swallowed a Lump in her Throat and smiled. " Hey Zed." She pushed herself from the wall and met Zed halfway, arms crossed as the two looked at each other. " Y'know, You never really thanked me for Saving your Butt at the Pep Rally. I've seen plenty of Accidents happen over in Zombie Town, and if I hadn't been there to Catch you, You would've been a new Resident." Zed joked, but it just made Addison feel even more Sick.

".. Are you okay? You look Pale? I know it's normal for Zombies to be Pale, but I'm not so sure about Humans.." " Oh, I'm fine. Really, I am! I just.. hah, You're gonna laugh.." Addison and Zed started walking back to the Cafeteria, Side-by-Side. " Really? Make me laugh then." " Uh.. Pssh... I don't know, really... I just started think about the Future n stuff and.... It made me feel really scared.." Zed gave Addison a weird look as she hugged herself. " Scared? Of the Future? The Future is nothing to be Scared about in my Book."

" Well in my book, It definitely is! We don't know what's going to happen in the future. We could all Die tomorrow and no one would see it coming." " Or we could all be Perfectly Fine tomorrow." Zed piped in. Addison side eyed him before continuing. " Anyway, like I was Saying... I'm just scared of the Future. Like, What's the world going to be like within the next Year? Two Years? Would we even still have a World next week? How many Animals could go Extinct within the next Ten Years? How many can come back from Extinction? Will the Sun die Early? Or will it die at the exact year that scientists think? If We get Reincarnated in the future, Would we be born into the perfect Society, or will our Society be Broken to the point of no repair?"

Zed and Addison stopped in their tracks, Zed looking at Addison while Addison stared at the Ceiling, looking at the Glass panel on the Roof, looking up at the Sun. " So many things could happen.." Addison began to tear up. " And I can't stand the thought of just standing around and waiting for all of the bad things to happen." Her voice became wobbly and she Sniffled as tears began to run down her Cheeks.  " Hey, Hey." Zed got closer to her and put his hands on her shoulders. " You worry too much, DiDi." " I know." Addison squeezed her eyes shut and but her shaking lip. " But I can't help it."

Zed looked around and saw a Zombie Safe Room. He perked up and led Addison over to it, his Cold hand holding Addisons Warm one. " C'mon, You can calm down in here." " Okay." Once they entered the Zombie Safe room, Zed used his excellent Vision to lead Addison over to one of the Beds. Once she was sat down, Zed went and looked for a Light. Addison got comfortable on the Bed, laying down and getting comfortable on the Hard pillows as she tried to rid her mind of those horrible thoughts about the Future. To think that all of this Started because she figured out she had a Crush on Zed.

Addison closed her eyes, and a few seconds after she did, she could see the Lights getting turned on behind her eyelids.

" Oh! Hey, Guess what?" She heard Zed say from the other side of the Room. " What?" " When the Coach dragged me away from you at the Pep Rally earlier, he took me to the Principals Office, and he said I got on the Football team!" Addison opened her eyes and sat up on the bed. " Really?! That's Great, Zed!" " I know! Can't wait to see my Favorite Cheerleader out there Cheering for me." Addison couldn't help but smile to herself.

" So, Did they say anything about the Wood on your legs? Do you have to wear them Over or Under your Football Uniform?" " Principal Lee said she'd get me some Proper Leg Braces tomorrow! No more Wood for me!" Zed came out from the Corner holding what looked like a really big Lamp without a Shade and a metal Pasta Strainer. " What are you doing?" Addison asked as Zed placed the Pasta Strainer on his head and gathered up the cord for the Lamp before looking for an outlet to plug it up to. " in Zombie town, there's this thing we do during our Parties where we get a bunch of lamps and put these things over them. I'll show you in a Second."

" You guys have Parties over there?" " Yeah! Huge ones in this one building. I should take you to one. Bonzo and Eliza are DJs, There's a bunch of Trampolines on the floor and we do backflips off of them, it's awesome." Zed found an Outlet and plugged the lamp up. " Would I even be allowed in a Zombie Party?" " I don't see why not. I'd just have to Sneak you in and sneak you back out before Curfew." Zed walked up to the Lamp and took the Pasta Strainer off of his head and placed it on the Light Bulb for the lamp before rushing off to the other side of the Room again.

" What time is Curfew?" " Ten O'clock. At Nine Fifty the place is Swarmed by Police and at Ten they search the Streets with Flashlights. Any Zombies they find out on the Streets at Ten get questioned and dropped off at home." Suddenly, the lights went out again. Addison listened to Zed walking back up to the lamp. " You ready?" " Yeah, I guess." Zed spun the Pasta strainer on the Light Bulb so that it slowly moved but didn't lose momentum, and Turned on the Lamp.

Addisons eyes where Blown. It was literally a Homemade Disco Ball, but somehow it amazed her. Zed was still standing at the lamp, watching it Spin, before looking at her and smiling at her Amazed expression.

Zed got an idea and gave the pasta strainer one last spin before walking up to Addison and bowing. " Might I ask thy fair lady Snow White to a Dance?" Addison giggled. " Snow White?!" " You have white hair. Hair as White as Snow. Therefore; Snow White." Zed got ahold of Addisons hands and pulled her up. " Snow White has Black hair. Hair as Black as Ebony. She's called Snow White because of her Skin." Addison said as Zed made her Spin around a few times. " Really? I like my version better where she has white hair."

-🧠-

The Next hour or so was nothing but the two Dancing around, making up their own Songs no matter how awkward they sounded when they sang together. They weren't Talented Singers after all, they were just two 16 year olds in a Safe Room at their School. Somewhere along the lines, They broke up from the singing and Dancing and resorted to making their own Shadow puppet shows for each other. Zed tried to show Addison how to make a Dog Shadow Puppet, but it was too tricky for her. She could make a Deer, though!

And then they pushed two beds next to each other and laid down on each bed, watching the ceiling as Zed had just spun the pasta strainer again.

" I have a little sister named Zoey. She lost her arm a while ago, I don't know how honestly. She said one of her friends puller her arm too hard?? I dunno." Addison giggled. " I wish I had Siblings. My Mom said that when she and my Dad had me, they already knew that I was all they Needed." " I can give you Zoey! We can Split Custody, You can have her on every other Weekend." Addison laughed and gave Zed a Punch in the arm, which made him laugh too. " Ow! Hey!" He punched her in her arm, and then She swung at him again.

The little Punched turned into Wrestling, which turned into a Wild Goose Chase when Addison leapt from the bed and tried hiding behind some Shelves.

Once the two finally got tired out, Addison freaked out. " Oh my god! Look at the time!! We missed Lunch and a whole Class!!" " Aww, Really? Do you have to go?" Addison bit her lip and played with her fingers. " I'm sorry Zed.. I'll see you later?" "... See you.." Zed said sadly as Addison left the Zombie Safe Room.

" ADDISON!" Addison jumped and turned to look down the hallway, seeing Bucky and his Cheer Buddies angrily Marching down the hall behind him. " WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WE'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE!!" He shouted as he got closer, making Addison shrink a little. " I-I was in the Bathroom! I felt really sick and I had to Vomit." " You puked for an Hour and a Half?!"

" Umm... it was more than Puke, alright?! It was... Girl things..." Bucky, Stacey, Lacey, and Tracey gasped. Stacey and Lacey shoved Bucky and Tracey out of the way. " Oh Girl, if I knew I would have told you that the Dispenser was out!" Lacey said. " Oh, I'm fine. I just.. folded some toilet paper and-" " No, No, that won't work. Come on, I have some extras at my locker. What size are you? How strong is your Flow?" Stacey and Lacey each grabbed Addisons arms and pulled her off to Staceys locker as Stacey named off the Various Menstrual Items she had stashed in her Locker.