Chapter 7

Everyone watched the Cheerleaders as they did their Acts. They made Human Pyramids, Threw each other in the Air, that kind of stuff. Zed couldn't take his eyes off of Addison, however. He watched her get Thrown in the air for what felt like a Million times, He watched her pose at the Top of the Pyramid before leaping back with a Spin and being caught by a group of Cheerleaders, he watched her do Cartwheels and Shake her Pom Poms. Everything she did always caught his attention, and he could barely pay attention to everything else that was happening.

He watched as some cheerleaders ran off to the sidelines, but his attention was dragged back to Addison, who was being Held up by some other Cheerleaders. She was held up infront of Three others and was held up at a Shorter level than them.

" Leta turn this up a Notch!" The Guy said and the other Cheerleaders who had ran off returned with large red sticks in their hands. One was tossed over to the Guy, and then Bonzo started acting out. The red sticks began to ignite and Sparks of Fire came out of them. Bonzo hissed like a cat and Zed pulled his attention away from the Performance to try and calm him down. " Bonzo, it's okay. It's apart of the Act, it's not going to hurt us." Zed said, and Eliza leaned over and put two hands on Bonzos shoulders to keep him still while Zed Brought an Arm infront of their taller friend.

Bonzo suddenly stood up and pushed Zed out of the way as he tried to make a run for it, and Zed fell over and hit his Z-band on the Metal of the bleachers. Eliza tried to grab Bonzo but he escaped her grasped and ran down the bleachers as other Zombies made their exit as well. The other Zombies ran out through the door beside the bleachers, but Bonzo ran right through the Cheer performance, making all of the Cheerleaders runaway in fear. Zed got up but winced at a sudden pain in his arms, he didn't notice the purple veins appearing up his arm. Bonzo was caught and escorted out by police, but Zed didn't notice that.

His main focus was on Addison, who had been thrown high up into the air before Bonzos outburst, and how there was no one there to catch her.

Zed rushed down the Bleachers and knocked some Football guys out of the way, sending them Flying to the other side of the Gym, and bolted over to Addison. She was getting closer to the Ground, and Zed jumped and Caught her mid air. He pulled her close to his chest as he hit the ground, the two tumbled forward before they ultimately stopped a feet feet away from where Addison was about to fall at.

Everything went quiet except for Addison and Zed breathing heavily. The impact of Zeds Z-band hitting the floor multiple times knocked it back into Working properly, and Zeds purple veins disappeared. Addison gulped down some air before pulling herself away from Zed. Zed let go of her and watched as she sat down on the Floor.

And then both crowds, or the entire Human crowd and what was left of the Zombie crowd, went crazy. But Zed and Addison didn't notice, they just stared at each other for a while longer. "... Hey DiDi." Zed said. Addison smiled. " Hi." She smiled before standing up and assisting Zed up.

The Football coach walked up. " We gotta talk." He said to Zed before pulling him away from Addison. Addison stood there in disappointment for a second before Bree rushed up to her. Bucky walked up too with a Microphone. " The Pep Rally has been Cut Short. I apologize." He said to the Crowd, which 'aww'ed and slowly disappeared into the Hall.

-🧠-

" He ran through our Offensive Line like they're where nothing!" The Coach shouted to the Principal as Zed sat on one of the Sofas in the Principals office. Zed suddenly got defensive and stood up. " Principal Lee, I can explain-" " You don't have to. Coach wants you on the Team!" Zed blanked for a second. " Really?" Principal Lee nodded. " Yes! With someone like You and the team, We are unstoppable! And did you see how everyone cheered for you once you saved that Cheerleader?! People love you! I can keep my Job, Move out of my Parents Basement, Get a Cat, Get a Gym Membership—"

" Okay, Coach, we get it. Now, What is this about Saving a Cheerleader?" Principal Lee asked. " Well, that's the whole reason I pushed those guys out of the way. My friend Bonzo got freaked out by those Red sticks that Sparked and Chased away all of the cheerleaders, and Addison had just gotten thrown in the air, and no one was there to catch her, So.." " Addison? You mean Addison Wells? The one with White hair?" " Uh- Yeah." Principal Lee laughed. " Addison was just in here this morning! She was begging for the Zombies to come to the Pep Rally!"

" Yeah yeah, back to Business." The Coach said before grabbing Zeds shoulders and Shaking him. " I NEED YOU ON THE TEAM ZED!!" " Yeah, Of course! But only if i suggested some Changes..?" Zed and the Coach looked at Principal Lee.

The Coach let go of Zeds shoulders as Zed turned to look at her. " I would like The Wire Separation and the Brick Tunnel to be taken down-" " Uh- Wait a Minute- Problem. You haven't won a game yet." Principal Lee said, making the Coach scoff and come to Zeds aid. " Throw my Star Player a Bone! Erm- Not literally." Zed laughed at that.

" Alright, fine. All that I will allow for now is for Zombies to eat in the same Cafeteria with the Humans. But, All Zombies will still eat the same food that has been Prepared for them. Then once you get us some Wins, We'll talk about all of the other stuff. Okay?"

" Yes! It's a Deal!" Zed said, making the Coach ecstatic. " Oh Quick question, Is there anything we can do for my Legs..?" Zed gestured down to his legs, which still had Wood Duct taped to them to keep them straight. " Hmm.. We'll pay for some Proper Leg Braces to help with your Legs. We'll have them by tomorrow." " Yes!!"

The Coach embraced Zed in a hug. " See you tomorrow!" " Alright." The Coach left and Zed rushed up to Principal Lee and Hugged her aswell. " Thank you!!" Zed said before walking off. " O-Kay, Well then." Principal Lee said, being caught off guard with the sudden embrace.