6

***Eddie's POV***

Word Count: 1,111

"Montgomery!" he shouted banging on her door. He'd knocked three times already, with no answer. Her car was here, that ridiculous ass Gremlin of hers. He could hear her music playing. Metallica. She had good taste. Why the fuck wasn't she answering?

Taking a page out of her book he turned the handle, pushing the door open. Closing the door he turned, scanning for her, fully expecting to find her unconscious or something. Instead he found her walking out of her bathroom, wearing nothing but a towel.

"Eddie, what the fuck?" She screamed, jumping back into the bathroom.

"You, uh, weren't answering. Thought something might've happened." He yelled back, turning around, trying his hardest to suppress his laughter. "I'm not looking. You can go get dressed."

When he heard a door close behind him he went to her stereo, turning it down. Not quite what he expected, but he wasn't about to complain. He did catch sight of part of another scar, though. This one on her thigh. Whoever had hurt her really did a number on her. The nightmares, the scars, her moving to the middle of fucking nowhere.

Footsteps behind him drew his attention and he turned, watching her walk into her kitchen to pour herself a cup of coffee. Clearing his throat he joined her, leaning against the counter. She seemed to be doing anything but look at him, even going so far as to stare blankly at the wall.

"So, I was thinking maybe a movie night tonight? You and me? My treat." Ah. That got her to look at him.

"Depends. What're we watching?" She arched an eyebrow, watching him over her cup as she took a sip of her coffee.

Pushing off the counter he took a step toward her, catching a bit of her still wet hair between his fingers. The way she held her breath, her eyes widening just slightly, made him pause. Had he scared her? Damn it. The last thing he wanted was to scare her. Then he saw it. The slight squeeze of her thighs, rubbing them together ever so slightly as she shifted, tipping her face up to look at him. The slight blush to her cheeks. Smirking he stepped back, giving her some space.

"Your choice. Tonight's about you, Montgomery." He paused, letting her watch as he looked her up and down. "And only you."

***Dani's POV***

Mind racing she surveyed the clothes before her. Eddie would be here any minute, and she had no idea how she should dress. Was this a date? Just friends hanging out? The way he'd looked at her this morning was definitely anything but friendly. That one look made his intentions very clear. He wanted her.

The thought scared her a bit. The only person she'd ever been with was Jack. It had been almost 8 months. Was she ready to start moving on? Was she not? Frustrated she threw herself on her bed, groaning. Her and Eddie had definitely grown closer since the night he was there with Robin. Wayne had come home a few times to the two of them passed out on his couch after staying up way too late the night before.

Knocking at her door interrupted her thoughts. Jumping up she nervously checked herself. Sweats and a plain crop top. It would have to do. Christ, she was overthinking this. They hung out all of the time. Tonight was no different.

Just as she was leaving her bedroom the door swung open and in walked Eddie, looking like he usually did. Dio shirt, leather jacket, and battle vest. The torn black jeans. Did he own only black jeans with tears in them? In one hand was a couple of VHS tapes, the other a couple of bags. Rushing over she closed the door, taking one of the bags from him.

"Sorry. Got a little lost in thought," she mumbled.

"I honestly expected nothing less," he chuckled, pulling out to-go Chinese containers. "I got Sixteen Candles just like you asked, but I grabbed A Nightmare On Elm Street, too."

"Really, Eddie? A scary one?" she whined. Scary movies just weren't her thing. She'd already seen enough monsters in the real world.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you from the monsters," he laughed pulling her head into his chest. "Promise."

She'd grown used to the way he smelled. The odd combination of leather, cigarettes and weed had grown on her. It was him. Completely and totally him. Dani found herself enjoying it the more time they spent around each other. It brought her a sense of comfort. Her stomach grumbled, reminding her she hadn't eaten in too long.

"Eddie? I'm hungry."

"Yeah, I heard." He laughed gently pushing her away while he ruffled her hair.

They ate in a comfortable silence, her once racing thoughts now calm. Eddie seemed to have that effect on her. Maybe it was the easy way in which he spoke. How gentle he really was with her. He never made her tell him about her scars, but he did like to trace the one on her collarbone. Like he had a weird fascination with it. She didn't mind it too much.

"Scary movie first? Then my movie?" she asked, clearing the table.

"Whichever way you want it, Montgomery."

Dani didn't miss the double meaning there. Blushing she busied herself with rinsing their plates, listening as he got the movie started. He had to know what he was doing to her. That was the only explanation. Stupid Robin probably told him about her stupid crush on him, so now he was teasing her. Making fun of her. Nervous she joined him on the couch, trying desperately not to let him know how nervous she really was. Something definitely felt different tonight. But what was it?

It wasn't long before she was shrieking and hiding her face in Eddie's shoulder while he laughed, putting an arm around her. She kind of wanted to punch him. This wasn't funny. Leaning back she looked up at him, glaring.

"This isn't fucking funny, Eddie!"

"It kind of is," he chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Who would have thought Dani fucking Montgomery would need me to protect her from something that isn't even real?"

She watched as his eyes fell to her lips, then slowly came back up to her eyes. Confused she leaned forward, unsure of whether or not she wanted to kiss him or punch him. Before she'd made up her mind his mouth was on hers, one hand cradling the back of her head, the other resting on her cheek.