𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

Brielle wandered through the cool dimly lit halls of the castle in Doranelle, the tightness of her skin caging in her every movement. Rolling back both her shoulder Brielle tried to erase the memories of the hand which has grasped her in private places and a body which had hovered over her own, it was futile to try and push the images under because the memories never really left her, but still . . . she tried.

A Fae male, dressed in a soldiers garb was stood, awaiting to take her weapons and cloak from her upon arrival back home. The air was tense as she grew nearer,  peeling her cloak from the ached muscles of her shoulders she dismissed him as he tried to dismantle the weapons hidden around her leathers, 

When the soldier reached for her a flash of the mans hand from a mere week ago crashed  into her vision when she blinked and Brielle had to stop herself from growling at the male standing opposite her. It was not his fault that Maeve was such a bitch at times, or that Brielle was as good as she was when it came to executing orders. Some may say she warranted herself her own demise.

 The Male in front of her scowled before walking off and before she could ask why everyone in the hall she had passed so far either gaped at her or gave her a solemn look, clearly something had happened in her time away, something her spies hadn't discovered. 

So Brielle began in the direction in the place she knew she may gain some answers, the big wooden doors felt familiar against her palms and she couldn't help but welcome the calmness that rippled through her blood at the sense.

                                                                                             ~

Fenrys' nose twitched at the familiar scent of fresh wind, the warm kind before a thunder storm. Knew she was here before she reached the doors that entered into the main food hall. He perked up from beside his twin, the tension easing from his shoulders when she opened the doors and smiled at him.

Brielle was still the same as always, and Fenrys fought the urge to get up and embrace her, but there was far too many eyes watching. Brielle made a move towards them but was halted by a presence in front of her ─ Cairn. 

Brielle, with a face of disinterest halted to looked a him, while he smiled at her, she didn't want to think of how many the smile had scared, in the dark while probably chained down. If Brielle shivered or felt anything for the thought she didn't show it one bit.

The others around him shifted in their seats to look at what Fenrys was so fixated on, they stiffened looking between Fenrys and Cairn. Brielle gave the Fae males at their table a bored look before turning back to scowl at Cairn her eyes darkening as she met his stare, a twitch of Cairn's fingers at his side was the only indication that he was still there, A smirk snaked its way onto Brielle's lips and she softened her gaze. Cairn took an unsure step back. Fenrys chuckled and the other males around him did to, at the subtle hint of Brielle's magic. 

Anyone outside of their group wouldn't have noticed, but having had spent years with each other the members of Maeve elite warrior group had picked up on the feel and sense of each others magic, Brielle's couldn't always be seen but they could always feel it. Training with her had them schooling  their own senses to pick up on the thrum of it as the energy danced through the air around them.,

 Gavriel pushed up from the table to meet his sister half way through the room, but Fenrys stayed put despite ever fibre and muscle in him twitching to be the first male to meet her. It was only pure worry that kept his ass fixed to the bench. If word somehow got to Maeve about their secret... Fenrys didn't want to know what the Fae queen might do to them both, how she might wield  that information against them. They had kept the secret for years, and it was that aching for his mates embrace that almost snapped his resolve.