The Invite

Pattons PoV
Virgil and I waited for Logan to come over to our dorm. Today will be fine! Stay positive Patton! It's just a normal weekend with nothing to worry about whatsoever. Eventually Logan arrived and we all started to walk out to the Park. We didn't have any other plans today so what better to do than spend it with the ones you enjoy being with! As we walked outside the sun shine through the small clouds in the blue sky, giving us delightfully warm weather. Thankfully it isn't too warm because I am definitely not prepared for summer just yet! As we were walking I was admiring the scenery that surrounded us. The birds flying just living their peaceful lives.

"I wish I was a bird sometimes,"

"What?"

"Why?"

"They are so pretty and they fly around all day,"

"First of all Patton you are pretty,"

"Awh Logie!"

"Second, they do more than just flying,"

"Yeah but they mainly fly,"

"Whatever you say dear,"

We walked over to an area with picnic tables, colourful flowers, tall trees and a playing are for children. We sat down at the tables and just enjoyed life and what we were experiencing. The Park is one of the most gorgeous places in my opinion, there's nothing more beautiful than the great outdoors! Well even though some people don't appreciate it much, it still is one of my favourite things. It's great to have memories here as well, I'm in a place I love with the people I care for! What's not great about that!

Logan was talking about some show he watched to Virgil and I was just looking at the dogs people were walking. THEY ARE ADORABLE! I love dogs, just fluffy bundles of pure sunshine and joy! A dog came up to me, it was a small pug. The owner kindly let me pet it and we chatted about dogs for a while. The dog's name was Lucy, a 1 year old pug. CUTE! I spoke to her owner for a few minutes and then she went away. I turned back to Logan and Virgil who were sitting across from me. As I did, without processing who it was, a figure came behind the other two and spoke.

"Well hello!"

Virgil shot me the deadliest look. His face completely dropped. He knew he couldn't go anywhere. Especially when Roman Adams was right there, standing behind him. All I could do now is hope it goes well.

Virgils PoV

He can't be serious. He is not here. I better be imagining his stupid voice! No no NO! This can't be happening! Please don't be here. Anywhere but here! I looked at Patton. He was fine. He smiled and waved. Well sh!t hes definitely here. I don't know if I will have able to survive.

"Hi Roman!"

"Salutations,"

A moment of silence. They were waiting on me to speak. I'm not speaking a word. He doesn't deserve anything from me. Nothing. Not a word.

"Well what's going on guys,"

"I was just talking to Virgil about Doctor Who,"

"Oh really?"

Roman and I used to watch it together all the time. I still do watch it but it's different. We would go to his house and turn it on as soon as we got home. It was one of our hobbies together, one we did all the time. We binged it together. All of it, is now meaningless. Does anything have a meaning now? Nothing does. It's all useless, like me. As I was deeply in my mind my heart began thumping at a fast pace. No, don't do it in public. Stop panicking there's people here who will laugh at you. They will only make fun of you. Especially Roman. He'll laugh at you again. Another one of his stupid jokes is what you'll become again.