Part 9

It's been a month, Christmas was quiet and Hogwarts was lonely. I'm back into my studies but the new teacher that arrived at the start of the year has basically taken over the place. And Dumbledore is nowhere to be seen...

"Miss Potter come see me after class yes?" She says in her overly posh accent. 

"Why Professor Umbridge?" I say mocking her in a way. 

"Detention after class" 

________________

I walk swiftly into her office, its very pink to say the least. She must really enjoy cats as the walls are splattered with paintings and pictures of them. 

"Miss Potter do come in and sit, you will be writing lines for me today" She smiles politely. I've never had a detention with her before this will be fun. 

"Great" I say sarcastically, earning a harsh look from her. 

She hands me a piece of paper and a quill with no ink...?

"Is there no ink miss?" I question suspiciously.   

"No It's a magic quill, now write "I will not speak back" are we clear?" She asks. I simply just nod and get to writing, the page is blank as there is no ink. Is this woman crazy?

I finish the sentence twice before stopping abruptly, my hand is itching like crazy. I look down and "I will not speak back" is being etched into my hand. 

"What is-" I get cut off sharply. 

"Maybe you'll learn a thing or two miss Potter" She announces while I clutch my hand in pain. 

God the pain is horrible, blood is starting to appear but I get out of my chair as quickly as I'd sat down. I basically run out of the room and I can feel the smirk I'm getting at the back of my head. 

The blood is trickling down my hand and nearly leaking onto the floor. Just as I turn a corner I run into a figure. I don't look up and try to escape past them but my bloody hand is grabbed by the figure.

"Who did this to you?" The voice of the one and only Mattheo Riddle asks. I expect to look up and see him laughing or taunting me at least but it's quite the opposite. 

"I asked a question Potter" He says rolling his eyes inspecting my cut. 

"No one, let me go" I say looking up to meet his brown eyes. He drops my hand and moves it to my face. After what felt like an eternity he drops it again with haste almost not realising he was doing it. With that he turns and walks away. 

A voice behind me scares me that I flinch. "WHY WHERE YOU TALKING TO RIDDLE?!" Harry shouts in my face, I shrug innocently hoping he saw nothing.

"Answer me Aria" He demands and I give in. 

"It was nothing Harry, I'd cut my hand that's all" I give him the truth, well half truth. 

"You two look close, but he's Voldemort's son. You can't trust him"