Part 19

The summer went like a breeze, faster than I would've imagined. Harry gave in and "allowed" me to stay with the Weasleys like he had a choice in the matter. He was pissed for a couple of weeks but after that he completely forgot about the incident with Riddle on the train. 

I got back to Hogwarts yesterday morning, god it was boring. All I witnessed before succumbing to the darkness of my room was first years running about and making a mess of the common room. Who gave them the energy?  I don't know. 

 I'm basically dragged out of my bed by Daphne and Pansy. Leave me alone. 

"Come on lazy bones, it's the first day back!" Pansy said too over excited for my liking. 

"What is wrong with you two?" I groan putting my hair up in the process. 

"Because Ari, this year is going to be our year" Daphne smiled making me laugh at the two of them and they both just glared at me. 

"You both seriously need help" I jokingly roll my eyes at their dumbness. How could this year be any different than any other year?

We walk into the breakfast hall and sit at the Slytherin table, I notice Harry walking in and he looks gloomier than usual as well as some of the boys sitting at our table. That would be Draco, Blaise and Mattheo. Maybe it's just because it's first day back, I mean I'm not too thrilled to be back either. 

"Hey Riddle" I say as I sit across from him, although he doesn't answer I can see in his eyes he wants to. What's up with him? He normally has some rude remark to say to me. 

"Draco how have you been?" Pansy asks also waiting for an answer but not getting one. I grab a piece of toast from the middle and slowly put some jam on it. This table is so dead. 

I look around everyone looks so depressed, by everyone I mean especially Draco Malfoy. 

"How was everyone's summer?" Blaise asked trying to pop up a conversation, we all replied "good" in unison but no one really seemed interested. 

Daphne taps my shoulder to leave and I get up to follow her, while I stand up my eyes meet with Mattheo's but he looks away almost instantly. I walk on, speeding up to get out of this mess of a hall. Everyone in the other houses look happy, what's up with Slytherin? 

"God that was depressing" Daphne laughs happy to be out of there. Relatable. 

"Really? Didn't notice" I say sarcastically making Daphne let out a laugh. 

"First night back party is tonight, you going to show?" Daphne asks and I nod. I have one question though. 

"Will there be fire whiskey?" 

"Of course"