Chapter Two - Possession

*****

AN:  Sorry for the interruption at the beginning, but those readers who prefer sweeter fare should consider skipping to the final dozen or so paragraphs.  If spice is your life, read on! 

*****

"I want to sleep with you every day."

The words lay softly in the air between the two men as Wei WuXian's mind spun. He knew how Lan WangJi had been raised. He was trained to be stoic, self-denying, immaculate. If he had once had an impure thought, he would have reported himself to the Punishment Hall immediately. He had never been anything but chaste, disliking and avoiding all physical contact. Any partner would be chosen by his Clan, and inevitably be a young woman, a strong Cultivator, destined to carry on the valuable lineage. There was only what Wei WuXian had done, had tormented Lan WangJi into doing, between them. So long ago...

My beautiful Lan Zhan, how far you have travelled to meet me, Wei WuXian thought in his mind. There was a time that Lan WangJi would have cut out his own tongue before he would confess his love, let alone desire to another, and certainly never to a man. But that was in the past. He'd bravely answered Wei WuXian's confession in the Guanyin Temple with his own, publicly accepting and returning the love he was offered, but this was bigger. This was stepping onto an unknown path for them both. So much had happened, so many ties built and broken, so much shared history and pain had led to this moment. Right here. Right now.

Lan WangJi had broken all the various chains that held them apart, including that final, ingrained bolt welded by custom. He had made a choice, and he would embrace it in all its fullness. Both emotional and physical. Wei WuXian's heart skipped a beat. He had fought so hard and so long, so alone, trying to do what he thought his beloved needed of him. Tried to restrain memory, keep away, stop loving so hard. He had buried himself in work with one design only, to return to his love, even as he tried to stop wanting... silver eyes looked up into gold, and the final battle was over. Who won? Who lost? Who cared?

A lingering moment as heart spoke silently to heart. Ever so gently, tentatively, as if unsure of himself, Lan WangJi placed his lips on those of Wei WuXian, warm and waiting. A kiss to one eye followed, with another for the other. A kiss to the forehead. Each cheek and the nose received their individual blessing. The chin, under the jaw. Shifting slightly, Lan WangJi's warm lips kissed first one ear, then the other. Nuzzling now, he blessed the throat raised to him in trust and surrender.

A trail of kisses led from throat to shoulders, whispered across the collarbones, and caused Wei WuXian's eyes to roll back in abandon at this gentle possession. His arms fell bonelessly to his sides, even as Lan WangJi freed the robes now impeding his progress. As the robes fell away, Wei WuXian arched his back and opened his thighs in an instinctive response that signalled his willingness. Lan WangJi swiftly removed the layers of robes, for once simply tossing them aside as he caressed the firm body beneath him, exploring the planes and angles that were hidden beneath the clothing, loosening and removing the inner robes and bottoms, pinching, touching, and teasing, as he kissed his way across the body he had loved and lost and longed for. Raising his head, he moved back to where he could see Wei WuXian clearly, the vivacious face lost in the sweet pleasure, silver eyes heavy with wanting.

"Lan Zhan?"

Wei WuXian's voice softly rose, whispered from a heart too full for silence.

"Lan Zhan, I meant every word. It was never a trick. It was never a lie. It was only truth. It still is. I wish I'd known what I was feeling, but you're... it's the first time I felt... I never... " Wei WuXian rambled, trying to find the right words. "I didn't know what it was. I didn't know."