Chapter 6 - Play

*****

AN:  Those with a sweet tooth may overlook this chapter without losing track of the tale; these two were reunited so very recently and clearly have yet to get it out of their systems...For those who enjoy a bit of spice, it's a brief chapter, but then they're just learning together, right?

*****

Taken off guard, the long, lean length of Lan WangJi plummeted directly into the tub, causing a backsplash that thoroughly soaked Wei WuXian, even though he was outside the tub. A burst of laughter sprang from his throat, even as Lan WangJi's surprise sparked in his eyes. Before Wei WuXian was aware, a strong arm snaked out and scooped him into the tub, landing on a lap entirely too ready to receive him. Lan WangJi took only a moment to admire the mingled surprise and joy on Wei WuXian's face before they were kissing deeply, fiercely, need driving them to each other. Hands fumbled with wet clothing, tangled in hair floating in the water and plundered the body they sought. Lan WangJi kissed Wei WuXian nearly senseless and then, with a caress and a nip to his lower lip, drew back and removed the hampering clothes from the tub, strong hands wringing the wet away.

"Lan Zhan! Why must you bite? You know how dogs frighten me."

A pouty Wei WuXian looked through wet lashes at an equally sodden Lan WangJi, who quickly kissed him again, those swollen ruby lips irresistible.

"Must. Mine. I will mark you and no one can touch!"

Free from encumbrances, the two men came together again. The first fires having been temporarily sated, the warm water soothed and encircled as the men settled to a new type of connection, more languid and unhurried. The fires within were on a slow burn now, achingly sweet and to be savoured, not rushed. Arms surrounded, hands glided, mouths explored, every secret gathered during their parting was revealed. Lan WangJi gently stroked a mark on Wei WuXian's forearm, who hastened to explain. "Just a misjudgement, my love. I love climbing trees but I'm less skilled getting down," before rejoining the bliss they were sharing. His fingers faltered as Wei WuXian rediscovered the whip scars marring his perfect lover's body, but Lan WangJi quickly murmured "worth it...every one is for you" and they were lost in each other again.

Wei WuXian took a cloth and soap and worshiped every inch of Lan WangJi, gently humming as he worked, rediscovering how truly beautifully made his lover was and finally finishing by washing that glorious cloud of dark hair, as Lan WangJi's golden eyes drifted half-closed, lost in the hands so sweetly attending him. "Shall I oil your hair for you?" Wei WuXian asked gently. Lan Zhan simply reached down, found the correct sleeve and handed him a tiny bottle of sandalwood oil. "Thank you, sweetheart", and Wei WuXian continued his service. He warmed a small amount of oil between his palms, stopping to inhale that glorious scent of sandalwood that had always accompanied Lan WangJi. Well-anointed, he combed his fingers through the long strands of dark silk, luxuriating in the feeling, even as Lan Zhan sighed in contentment.

The water was cooling by this point and Wei WuXian shivered involuntarily. Gold eyes sprang open, and with a splash Wei WuXian was whisked out of the tub and into a soft white towel. Grabbing another, the men carefully dried each other, Lan WangJi briskly warming Wei WuXian, who soon forgot how to stand and melted into his arms.

Lan WangJi picked up Wei WuXian and placed him on the bed in the room, glad to realize it was large and meant to contain an entire family of travellers. Seeing his wandering love at last in his bed, naked, open and defenceless sent heat coursing through Lan WangJi. Watching from the bed, Wei WuXian's silver eyes rejoiced in the perfection of the man before him. He noted the flush collecting more deeply at the ears and the throat, giving away the rising tide of passion. A wonderful, glowing smile lit his face as he relished the sight before him, until a momentary surge of lust caused him to gasp. With that, Lan WangJi gave up all attempts at self control and threw himself on Wei WuXian.