Old friends & Back to Work

4 am

Saturday, January 2

Ezio's Pov

Isabella is still asleep. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

I got up and went to the bathroom taking a cold shower and brushed my teeth.

That reminds me, I need to get rid of that strap on shit.

Where the fuck did she even get it from?

I walked over to the closet and picked it up from the floor. I walked back to the door and opened it and went downstairs.

I watched as the lights flickered on revealing Rage, Emilio, Logan, Kai and Owen.

I looked at the guys and they just stared at the strap on in my hand.

" It's not what you think " I said while looking between the guys.

" I knew you were a freak but that's wayyy too freaky " Owen said.

" I need a drink " I said.

" I need a bottle and a story time " Emilio said and I threw the strap on in the garbage.

I grabbed two bottles of whiskey from the cabinets and we all went out back.

It was pitch black but the lights from the pool brightened the place.

We sat around the benches and Rage handed me the cups from last night.

I poured each man a drink.

We all took a sip.

" Alright what's this about why is everyone here? " I asked.

They looked at each other and I cocked an eyebrow.

" Emilio take one for the team " Rage said as he pat Emilio on his shoulder.

" Ow, may I remind you that I got stabbed last night " Emilio said.

" Ezio, we all think you should come back to work. You haven't been to work since the twins came in to your life. " Emilio said.

" Yeah we want you to start fresh Monday " Logan said.

" We knew you wanted to be close to your kid's but it's time to come back to work " Kai said.

" Plus the twins are going to school Monday. That's 5 days a week, what are you gonna do when they are not here? " Owen asked.

" Yeah brother it's time to go back. " Rage said.

" Fine. You guys are right it's time go back. But Owen Aunt Aurora has to come back on the property to help Valicity out with the kids. She can't cook to save her life and I'd like my kids to remain alive " I said then took a drink.

" Mom will be here at 7 " Owen said and I nod.

An hour later

" Amara picked it up? " Emilio asked then took a drink from his cup.

" Yep. Then man when I told her to put it down she looked at me and said " No it's a magic wand " I said mocking her voice in the last part.

" So I had to tell her I'd take them in town today " I said then sighed.

I raised the bottle to my mouth while shaking my head.

" I wanted to get some back to school stuff for the boys too. We all can go together me, you, Val, Scarlett and the kids " Emilio said and I nod.

" What time is it? " I asked and Rage looked at his watch.

" 5:45 " he said.

" I'm just gonna sleep until 10, Emilio wake me up please " I said as I got up and stretched.