12. Burning Bodies

Taehyung was drunk and half conscious. He laid there totally defenseless, without any care of the world.

"Hey! Boy! Wake up..!"

Jungkook slapped his cheeks lightly, shook his shoulders.

"...mmhh..."

"Heyy! Wake up! Don't sleep here!"

Instead of waking up, Taehyung clinged to Jungkook's hand.

"...Warmmm..."

Taehyung was totally out. Jungkook didn't understand. The wine wasn't supposed to be this strong. Either Tae was a light drinker or he was drugged.
This wasn't the only thing which concerned Jungkook.

Why was the golden cloth wrapped around him? Was he with him? Is he one of them?

Jungkook sensed Taehyung was cold so he picked him up. He didn't know why he went towards his room which was upstairs, more far away than the servants room which was downstairs.

He laid him down slowly as he stared at him.

'I'll be back'

Jungkook made his way to Yoongi's room. He was not there. suddenly one soldier came running to him,

"Sir! You must see this!"

The soldier led Jungkook towards the dungeon, where captives are kept held behind bars. What Jungkook saw was beyond his believe.

His soldiers were all passed out tied with ropes. The bars were opened, captives were long gone.

"HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?"
Jungkook snapped.

"We don't k-know sire...I saw them fine even an hour ago! Within a minute they started to fall asleep one by one!" The soldier's voice trembled as he answered truthfully.

Jungkook's eyes noticed a loaf of bread lying on the floor. He picked it up to analyze it.

"Were they eating something before they passed out..?"

The soldier's eyes gets widened.

"Oh my God! Yes! They were eating garlic bread with something. It was prepared specially for all the workers for today's Royall ball feast!"

"Did you eat too?"

"No sir... actually I was having a bad stomachache and digestion problem for some days now... so I was avoiding eating any oily or heavy food."

Jungkook hummed in response. Everything became clear to him.

"Do you know who brought this food to them?"

.
.
.
.

Jungkook took a huge toll from tonight's unanticipated Royall ball. Yoongi was still not found. Some of his workers also went missing. But he was not scared, rather he felt challenged.

Yeah, there was also a tint of uneasiness and anxiousness but he wiped them away by drinking three mugs of beer.

" HAHAHA..! That crazy piece of shit! *hiccups*"

" I will...will show you t-too...
*again hiccups* Bastard.."

Jungkook waddled through the stairs towards his room, singing and spurting out random words.

He pushed the door open and paused.

" Oh...look who it is..."

A huge smile spreaded on his lips. It was the first pure smile of his tonight's.

" Kim Taehyung "

He stumbled upon the bed then jumped up, hovering over Taehyung. He leaned close and slowly touched his face, making Taehyung slightly flinch.