18. Alliance

"Your grace... there is a move in the South. It looks like Baekhyun is gaining supporters and gathering an army."

General Min patrolled the South once in a month. He would stay there for a week, investigate the city, villages, markets and other areas. Though there are sufficient soldiers appointed in every corner of the South Kingdom but Min Yoongi is persistent and decided to handle the matters himself. He knows things which other's don't. His eyes could notice things which other mundane people couldn't.

South was known as the land of the lions, North was the wolves but Yoongi was neither of them. He was an Eagle. Watching his preys from up the sky. Though that Jimin kid once told him he looked like a cat.

Jungkook officially gave Seokjin the duty to look after South's matters and report everything to him. But no way in hell Yoongi is going to trust that man. He doesn't have any evidence but he knows Seokjin can't be trusted. He might not be doing anything actively with Jungkook's opponents. But he is not in Jungkook's side either.

There was one more thing besides South and Baekhyun.

Jimin....

In one word, he was 'annoying'. Kid talked a lot and asked many unnecessary questions. He was the total opposite of Yoongi's quite-cold personality. God knows why the King let him be his personal servant by wiggling his eyebrows at Yoongi.

The two brothers had limited interactions. Jungkook can't have them making plans behind his back or worse having them escaped. Boyy...was not the King head over heals for Taehyung.

Sometimes he would have to bare with Jimin's emotional breakdowns. He would keep rambling, how he missed playing with Taehyung, running across the field.

What were they? Five year old kids?

Though how much Yoongi disagreed, he really liked Jimin's company. He liked when he kept talking about random things with no hints of finishing, he liked when he cursed the King aka Jungkook without any fear despite his continuous warning. As if the world turning dark, he was the only light remain. For the best part he would avert his thoughts from Hoseok. The man he loved already had a woman in his life.
.
.
.
.
Jungkook and Yoongi marched towards South with half of his army. Not to attack. No. It isn't fun to break something which is already broken.

When the Jeon army entered the South border both sides could feel the tense atmosphere. The town was quiet. Some people bowed their heads, some did nothing. Some had fear in their eyes, some had rage.

Jungkook climbed down from his horse. He slowly walked towards the centre of the crowd, guards on alert to defend any types of attack. Suddenly everyone gasped when a pile of mud hit Jungkook's covered chest.

A kid shouted from far behind of the crowd.

"DOWN YOU GO TYRANT!"

Jungkook was shook. He wasn't angry rather amazed to see a kid not more than five years old, attempted to take the first step against him. A soldier barked with rage and took his sword out to attack but the King stopped him.

"No! I like him. Bring him to me."

Now it was the boy's turn to be afraid. The women around him tried to shield him but they were thrown off. Suddenly one by one people started shouting,

"Fallen King Shall Rise!"

Things got pretty heated when their verbal attack turn to physical attack.

They started attacking the royal guards with axes, swords and spears.

Jungkook thought how they managed to own those weapons when they were striped off of it after the South-North war. Baekhyun must be here then.

People of South could barely keep up against the Jeon Army. There were after all farmers, fishermen and shoemakers.

Jungkook ordered his Army to stop when the town looked like a bloody field full of dead bodies.

"Let's see! How long your rage gonna keep you alive when there will be no food or water left for the winter!
When all the passages and roads to other towns and villages will be closed down!"

To teach them a lesson Jungkook ordered his soldiers to burn all the grains, wheats they saved for winter.
In return of food supply and to open the gate of trading they have to hand over there 'so called' Fallen King Baekhyun.
.
.
.
.

"What is the current situation of East?"

"Kim Namjoon is gathering his own forces against you. There won't be much time left when he will start merging on us."

"This doesn't seem good. I believe my Army is strong....
but not strong enough against two Kingdoms. I can't lose half of my army in lousy battles."

Jungkook kept rubbing his forehead. He hardly slept this whole week.

"Your grace... if you allow me I want to give you my personal thoughts..."

"Yoongi hyung... leave this formality for heaven's sake!"

"An Alliance. An Alliance with the West might help you in this current situation."

"You mean..."

"A marriage proposal to the daughter of John Wishoki who is a powerful ruler of the West and didn't lose any battles for many years. If both Kingdom join their hands....."

"Victory is Ours"

<<<<______________________>>>>

Advance thanks for 500 votes! Feel free to comment and give your opinions, I'm open to all type of positive criticizations.

-Lamnoor