25. Unexpected Request

Jungkook was in his reading room when a gaurd came in,

"Your grace. The slave wants to have some audience with you"

"Let him in"

The guard was about to go when Jungkook stopped him.

"Before you go.... from next time address him by his name 'Kim Taehyung' "

The guard flinched hearing it.

"Yes your grace. I'll remember it!"

This past few days all he thought about was Taehyung. Because of his sudden marriage a tention was created between them, distance broadened, a barrier appeared.

He always observed him secretly watching his moves guessing the thoughts occupying his little head. He even ordered couple of servants to keep an eye on him and report everything he does. His wants, wishes complaints, jokes anger.... everything.

The boy has become quite and mysterious. He obeys everything Jungkook asks off him without throwing a tantrum like he used to before. That is suspicious, a matter of concern......

Taehyung entered the room after having the permission.

"Your grace"

Jungkook looked up from the book he was reading. He didn't answer right away instead kept staring at him, to savour his appearance.

Taehyung was wearing a light blue cotton top with a 'V' shape neckline. White pants to go with them. The outfit hugging his body perfectly, bringing out his curves.

Despite he looked like a delicate flower, the boy he 'first met' wasn't there. The one who is standing in front of him was someone different.

"State your concern"

Taehyung tried to speak but the hesitation wouldn't let him. After finding his voice he spoke but the hesitance was still there.

"I-I have a favour to ask..."

Jungkook quirked his eyebrows.

"Well go on then! Finish your sentence"

'Free me'

'You don't need me anymore'

'Let me go back to South'

Jungkook kept thinking all the possible requests Taehyung might ask from him. Suddenly he felt his heart pounding out of fear which usually didn't happen often...thus didn't even hear Taehyung finishing his sentence.

"I want to practice s-sword fighting with you.."

Only the word 'with you' reached his ears.

"What? Say it again?"

"I want to practice sword fighting with you Your Majesty."

And Jungkook laughed like a kid who understood a joke for the first time in his life. Taehyung watched him with utter confusion and slight irritation, unable to make something out of it. Suddenly he realised... it was a different kind of laugh, one he never heard from him.

A happy one, relieved one.

"Sword fight? How even this ridiculous wish popped up in your head?"

Jungkook saw Taehyung's face muscle clenched. He was offended.

"I wish to defend myself sire. If any day I am in the need.."

"Why did you even think I will let any harm come to you...? Don't you believe in my protection?"

Taehyung started to get nervous. His lips showing the trembling sign.

"Pardon me sire... if it seemed like that. I thought everyone should learn how to defend themselves despite their status. I used to practice with Jimin when we were-... I don't want be a burden to anyone...."

Taehyung couldn't say what he wanted to say afraid he might anger the King.

Jungkook wasn't dumb. He knew what he wanted to say.

When they were 'free'.

"Why train with me? Go to General Yoongi or someone under him."

"Because you are the best among best...and also..."

"Hmm?"

"I uh-...ehmm I feel comfortable
a-around you than them.."

Again laughter echoed the whole room.

"Is it the main reason or you just want to kill me after using my own fighting tactics?

"Believe what you want to believe sire....
I am just simply presenting my request. After all I am at the losing end as I am bound to your words."

Jungkook stood up abruptly and Tae almost took two steps back.

He kept his eyes down until Jungkook came and tilted his chin upwards.

'How long has it been since we stood this close? Your eyes full of lies yet I want to keep staring at them.....'

Jungkook couldn't help but think.

"Very well then we will have our own private session."

"Thank you your grace!"

Jungkook wanted to savour his lips again. He tried to check if Taehyung was on the same page but the boy turned his face and crouched down more, turned himself smaller than he already is.

'Great! He hates my affection. Again right where we started....'

"You can go."

Jungkook gave him the permission to leave while his thoughts wandered to the unexpected request.

.
.
.
.

"You called me Your Highness?"

Min Yoongi entered the reading room hours later Tae appeared.

"Yes hyung! Seat and pour yourself some hot masala tea exported from South. They are good."

"Are you just going to stand near the window or is the boy out there in the garden?"

Yoongi purposely taunt him.

"Sometimes you forget you are talking to a King and because of that I like you."

Jungkook played it back.

"So what's on your mind Jungkook?"

"I recently finished reading a book 'The Art of Trickery and Manipulations'."

"And what about it? You're not going to read it out to me like I'm some five year old kid are you?"

"You should read it yourself but I doubt you remember how to read without falling asleep in the middle."

Yoongi smiled cheekily and Jungkook continued.

"It reminds me of a certain someone I think he started playing his cards..."

"Are you talking about-"

"Yes. Byun Baekhyun."

<<<______________________>>>

The next chapter will contain a 'wild love session' ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Rewarding you guys because I barely update this book nowadays....
I don't know if you guys see my 'conversations' post but if I take too long I give an announcement there to let my followers know about my situation and well-being.