23. Past and Present

Baekhyun went straight to the main part because it was not the time for telling a bedtime story.

"King Jungmin was obsessed with power and glory. His own kingdom could not satisfied him. His greed led him wanting the other three kingdoms. He was very powerful back then. For a single king his force was huge but he knew his one great army wasn't enough to overthrow the great three. So he played as the devil whisperer to turn the kingdoms against themselves."

"His first attack happened in South because I newly gained the throne and secured it for only three years.
While raiding the South, his army attacked every town and villages their eyes fell upon. They captured many people as slaves and that's where your parents come."

"King Jungmin was bewitched by your mother's beauty. Despite her being a slave he brought her to the palace as a concubine. JK was only 14 years old. She tried to protest for all her might but the king never let go of something he wanted. He blackmailed her if she doesn't obey, her husband kept in the dungeon would be sentence to death......."

"This must be a made up story! My parents died-"

"Did you see them dying with your own eyes in the battle? Did you find their body?"

Seokjin questioned.

"N-no but-!"

"I told you not to interfere in between let me finish first. You will find all your answers."

"The queen didn't take this slightly it wasn't part of the royal culture to bring any mistress inside the palace while the current Queen is still breathing. It was an insult to JK's mother and the royal culture."

"The Queen was unable to conceive any child after she birthed JK, on the other hand Jk was very weak when he was born. His mother thought things will change by the right time so she prayed and prayed so did the king. But his health did not improve. The physician even told them he wouldn't survive more than three summers. From then the relationship between the king and the queen weakened."

"She was afraid that the woman he brought was a replacement so she never hesitated to mistreat her but the results brought her only cruelty and punishments from the King. She gave up eventually and on Jk's 16th birthday she was found dead. The sickness and the rejection was too much for her to live."

"What about my mother?"

Taehyung's eyes were like a hawk when he asked that question. Even Baekhyun was surprised seeing the change in his eye.

"Things kept getting worse after that. Despite it was clearly Jungmin's fault for the Queen's death, he kept showing his rage to your mom and young JK who was already weak enough to leave this world. Jk's mother was from East and the Eastern Royal family didn't take her death lightly. He knew a war was coming. After that the kings health got worst and worst."

"In the middle of the chaos your mother found out your father was really dead, the king tricked her...."

Baekhyun prepared himself to say the next sentence while observing Tae's expressions.

"She took her own life by cutting her wrist when the only hope that made her keep going was gone."

They all thought Taehyung would breakdown hearing it but he didn't even cry.

His hawk eyes turned into dead one's and kept staring into nothingness.

"Her death affected King Jungmin greatly. You can guess what happened after that the bastard died and his little bastard took the throne."

"But you said Jungkook was weak.... did the commoners accepted him as the King of North?"

Baekhyun was impressed to see him composed despite hearing one after one shocking informations.
He smiled inside his head.

This boy is the one.

"That's where it gets interesting. When the war was happening JK secretly trained with the Yoongi boy they took in the palace. No one knows for sure when they really started their little sessions......"

"One day a public match was call upon to witness the strength and fighting tactics of the 'Soon to be King'. History was made that day where a boy who could hardly hold his own steps, managed to kill ten people in a matter of moments!"

Baekhyun despised Jungkook but that couldn't make him forget that legendary fight he witnessed disguised as a commoner.

His hand shook remembering the event.

"What do you want from me? What should I do?!"

Finally Taehyung let his frustrations out. Baekhyun thought he will stay mute after he finished.

"Just beware young man, no one really knows the real reason why Jk brought you here. There might be more than lust and attraction. Maybe he knows who you are and has ulterior motives with you......"

"After all the misfortune kept coming to the late queen when your mother set her foot inside the palace..."

<<<<_____________________>>>>

To make it clear, Baekhyun addresses Jungkook as "JK"
.
.
.

Shoutout to Winny_mo27 who is one of my biggest supporters, responsive and interactive readers!
I want to add some more people dolores_huge, Umaya_freyo, YuiNita5, SangeetaPundir, kimjeonkiki who also deserves the same appreciation!
A big hug to all of you and the others I couldn't mention. I do know all your names, mostly those who comments time to time♡︎

- Sincerely,
Lamnoor