Chapter 11:Cavalry Battle

-(Y/N)'s POV-

"Midnight:Izuku Midoriya, who placed first in the qualifier, is worth ten million points!"

Once Midnight made Izu's point values know everyone looked at him like the enemy, their golden ticket to the next round, and I'm gunning for his points too, I just won't be on his team, if he wants to be the next Symbol of "Peace", then he'll have to do this on his own I'm afraid.

"Midnight:Now then, I'll explain the rules of the cavalry battle, the time limit is fifteen minutes, each team member is worth the total of its members' points, and the rider will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads, teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can, stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up, so the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them, and the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!"

So, 42 people made it into this game, then that means there'll be ten or twelve teams in the game, letting your points get taken could help you move around without people coming after you and focus on the people who are gunning for the ten million band, but I you have a high point count from the start that would be a bad idea and I'm in second place with 205 points by myself, people will want that alone even without other scores added in, this will be rough.

"Midnight:During the game, it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirks, but it is still a cavalry battle, you'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose, you'll be removed immediately!"

So that means I can only use my fire for defence, that's still a great role, but it's a heavy limit.

"Midnight:Now, you have fifteen minutes to build your teams, start!"

Everyone started scrambling to form teams while I used my Quirk Identification to find those not in the hero course with quirks that can be extremely powerful, if given the proper treatment that is, I found three people, one girl that can move her hair like tendrils, a boy that can create a layer of wood across his whole body, and the mind control quirk that I saw earlier, before I could form my team Izuku came up to me and I knew what he was going to say, dammit.

"(Y/N):Before you say anything Izu, I'm not going to join your team, sorry."

My brother looked devastated, sorry bro.

"Izuku:O-Oh, okay then..."

"(Y/N):I'm sure plenty of people will join you though so don't worry, good luck."

We walked away from each other to find our teams, heading to the hair girl who had long light brown hair in a bun and wood guy who looked rather plain I found them already forming a team together, at least that makes it easier for me.

"(Y/N):Hey!"

The two turned to face me looking confused.

"Girl:Um, us?"

"(Y/N):Yeah, wanna team up?"

The pair looked at me like I'd grown five heads before the hair girl recognised me.

"Girl:Hey you're the guy who made that speech before the race, are you sure you wanna team up with us though?"

"Guy:Yeah I mean, we have terrible quirks."

"(Y/N):Oh really, what are they then?"

"Guy:Well, I can make a layer of wood over myself, which sucks for defence because its tree wood."

"(Y/N):Do you know how much it hurts to punch a tree, it hurts a lot."

"Guy:Yeah but it's a super thin layer so it breaks easily."