Chapter 22:A short fight, new allies, and new enemies

-(Y/N)'s POV-

So, after being paired up with Yaoyorozu, I expected this to be an absolute nightmare. I'd pass the exam without a problem since Aizawa is quirkless thanks to me, but working with Yaoyorozu? I thought that would be a nightmare.

To my surprise, she seemed to genuinely want to improve herself to become a True Hero.

If I played my cards right, I could have her join the League. But that's for later.

Right now, it was almost time for my match, as the first three were already completed.

Kirishima and Sato lost their match. Tsu and Tokoyami won their match. Iida and Ojiro also came out victorious, and now it was time for me and Momo to fight our quirkless teacher.

Of course, considering nobody was told he didn't have his quirk anymore, I couldn't use that fact to my advantage. But, that meant he had to make sure not to reveal that fact as well, which I could exploit.

We both stood in a fake suburban area filled with houses, small alleys, and large open roads, and just by looking at Momo, I could tell she was nervous.

"(Y/N):You're nervous, aren't you?"

"Momo:N-No..."

"(Y/N):Hm. Just remember the plan, alright."

"Momo:Yes, sir."

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her calling me sir. Honestly she seemed more comfortable taking orders then giving them.....And I'm letting that train of thought contine, because the starting horn went off.

The second it did, we began walking through the area with a ball of fire floating beside us, acting as a "detector" for when Aizawa shows up, and deactivates my quirk.

Something he can't do, but I can't let him know that.

Of course, as we made our way around, we weren't alone for long, as Aizawa's scarf suddenly wrapped around me from above and pulled me up.

In response, I used my Pyrokinesis to superheat the scarf, causing it to break and let me go as I sent a small wave of fire towards where I thought Aizawa was. On the roof above.

Only, as I fell, I was met by a punch to the head from below from Aizawa, before he kicked me into the ground.

As Aizawa held me down with his foot, he quickly looked around for my partner, only to find her missing.

"Aizawa:Was that your plan? Have her escape while you fight me?"

"(Y/N):Yeah. So what?"

Aizawa didn't reply, as he just wrapped me up in his scarf again, before tying me off the ground from some cables.

"(Y/N):You know I'll just burn through these, right?"

"Aizawa:Yes. But then you'll have to deal with these."

Once he finished tying me up, Aizawa threw dozens of caltrops under me. Smart.

"(Y/N):Caltrops? You really are an Underground Hero with tactics like these."

"Aizawa:Was that a complement, or an insult?"

"(Y/N):Whichever you prefer."

"Aizawa:You know, maybe you shouldn't have been so dismissive of the girl. Maybe then you wouldn't be in this situation."

"(Y/N):Yeah. Good thing I did."

"Aizawa:Huh?"

While Aizawa was confused, he never noticed Momo had snuck up behind him, before she broke a baseball bat over his head, knocking him out.