chapter 17:Training begins

-(Y/N)'s POV-

"(Y/N):Now then, I want you two...to join us....."

As I sat in the bar, opposite of Jiro and Kirishima with Tsu silently sitting beside me, my two classmates looked at me like I was crazy.

"Kirishima:Join you?....this has to be a joke..."

"Jiro:Yeah....you're just...pulling a prank on us right now.......right?"

"(Y/N):No jokes, no tricks, this is real and this is happening, now I'll ask you again, join us..."

Kirishima finally mustered up his courage as he quickly stood up, slamming his fist down on the table between us.

"Kirishima:Never! You're trying to destroy society for crying out loud! Why would we even help you!"

I calmly breathed in, then breathed out, before talking with a level voice.

"(Y/N):First, I'm not trying to destroy society, I'm trying to fix it because it's rotten to its core, so someone has to save the clean parts before it's to late, I am that person."

"Kirishima:What proof do you have?!"

"???:I have it."

As we all looked over to the newcomer, we saw Hawks leaning on the bar counter, his signature red wings back and folded up so they didn't break anything.

"Jiro:The Number Three Hero?...."

"Hawks:In the flesh, you know the Hero Public Safety Commission? Well believe it or not but I was trained as their secret assassin, a few days ago I tried to kill (Y/N) here, it turned out better then I expected."

"Kirishima:K-Kill...(Y/N)...."

Kirishima sat back down as he and Jiro, even Tsu processed what they just heard, Froppy clinging to my arm tightly, I gave her a kiss on the forehead, and let her rest her head on my shoulder to comfort her.

"Jiro:What the hell is happening...."

"(Y/N):I know this is a lot to take in so quickly, but you have to trust me, stuff like what Hawks said happens every day, and more. Rural villages killing Heteromorph children because of their appearance, people who speak out against the corrupt Hero system getting killed by the government, the people who exploit the system, and what are the Heroes doing to stop all it that? Nothing, they've done nothing, because they can't do anything, because the Hero system keeps those who want to do real good in the world from doing good, and let's those who only seek fame and money while sacrificing what it means to be a Hero rise to the top...do you two want to be a part of that system? Or do you want to be a true Hero?"

Everyone sat in complete silence, the only sound coming from the roof fan, until Kirishima spoke, looking me dead in the eyes, his face filled with determination.

"Kirishima:I'll join you, (Y/N)."

"Jiro:Kirishima...why?"

"Kirishima:I wanted to be a Hero because then I could protect people, those who can't protect themselves, I want to be their shield to defend them against anyone who would hurt them, and I've read about the rural villages, but people just call them rumors or lies, even though their's evidence and even places that take Heteromorph kids away from those places, so if the Hero system is no better then the Villains and will keep me from helping those in need....I won't be a part of it."

As Kirishima finished talking, after a few seconds Jiro looked at me, an equal air of determination coming from her matching Kirishima's.

"Jiro:Count me in then, but first, what about Tsu?"