ten

KHUN JIO

Vegas and I started to get ready and prepare all the things we need. We're now heading to Khun Jio's place hoping to see some evidence or got to know if he's the one who attempted to kill Venice.

Vegas gave me a bulletproof vest incase we're going to met unexpected fight.

"Pete, do you want silencer in your gun?" Vegas asked pertaining to the gun I am holding.

"No, I'll rather hear the loud noise that will give pain to whom who did it to Venice" I said blankly while packing my things up.

I saw Vegas smirk and shook his head, I don't know why this man is so proud and amaze to me whenever I go talk something dark. If it's Venice, I'm sure he will literally glare at me for thinking those things.

"By the way, Vegas are you sure that the place we're staying is safe?" I asked and turned my eyes on him.

"Hmm, and beside that's the nearest place in Jio's place... we can see his actions more closely" Vegas said then proceed to close his backpack.

"Ok, I'm done packing... the magazines are here, knives, and guns are also in my bag" I said winking.

"Let me carry that for you, that's kind of heavy cause you carried almost all the weapons" Vegas attempt to reach the bag but I quickly get it.

"No, I'm fine and I can handle it... You go carry that too" I said pointing the other bag.

"What's inside that?" Vegas asked frowning.

"Necessary things, don't ask too much just to carry it" I said running out of patience.

"Ok then let's go, we will use the car since we have a lot of baggages" Vegas said then proceed to carry the bags.

I just nodded and follow him leave the warehouse. I saw a black car parked outside, Vegas put the bags in the trunk.

"Who's car is this?" I ask.

"Kim, I already talk to him about this and he's the one will explain– lie rather to Khun Korn that you left to visit your grandparents in the province" Vegas said and he turn around to open the car door.

I just nodded as a sign of trusting Khun Kim and Vegas' plan.

We both enter the car and ready to travel. Vegas drove it around the city until we reach the part of rural area, we're probably outside the bangkok.

It's seven in the evening so there's no light on the road we're passing by, there's no houses either. Since it is rural area, even a street light post are not visible.

The only light that serves to our way was the car light. At least we got to see the road we're passing just incase we might meet small animals and get run over.

"Do you want to rest? We are still a long way from where we are heading." Vegas said turning his gaze to me.

"No I'm fine, I don't want to leave you alone driving... you might see flying severed head" I said with a scaring voice.

I saw how Vegas gulped down his saliva and lick his lips.

"But I know you're brave right? So I don't need to worry, I'll go sleep —" I pretend to lean my head in the car seat and close my eyes.

"Ey Pete! Don't sleep! Uh— you stay awake... we might encounter an enemy, so you– you must be aware" he explained mumbling and trying to hide his scare.

"Enemy huh?" I said teasing him.

I smiled in success to scare him, this brave cold rock man has a weakness too.