seventeen

CHANGES

With my eyes dizzy, I force myself to wake up, only to see the bright light met my sight.

"Vegas?" I called in almost a whisper.

"Pete? Pete it's me, Porsche." I heard a familiar voice followed by his touches to my cheeks.

"Where am I?" I asked in a low voice.

"You're in the clinic, Pete." Porsche said.

"What happened? Where's Vegas?" I asked still hoping to hear that familiar voice together with his familiar scent.

"I want to talk to you earlier but I don't have a chance so I came back here, I pass by Vegas who is... I think he's crying? And there I saw you about to lost your consciousness" Porsche said.

It's Porsche who helped me and not Vegas, why would I even think that he's coming back to help me when he made his decision by turning his back one when I needed him the most.

"What really happened? Are you ok?" Porsche asked again still with his worried face.

"I don't know either, maybe I'm just hungry—" I massage my temple and fix my position.

"You're not just hungry Pete, you're more than that" Porsche and I turn to look at the newcomer.

It was a doctor who is holding a paper, I assume that, that is the findings on me.

"What do you mean doc?" Porsche asked.

"Pete don't you know it?" The doctor looks at me and I just frown.

"The what, doc?" I asked frowning.

"Let me ask you something, tell me if you feel these symptoms" The doctor said flipping the paper.

Porsche and I looked at each other still confused.

"Always complaining about the smell, craving for something but you can't specify it, dizziness, and sudden mood swings?" The doctor asked and I can only my mouth just opened in confusion.

"Pete?" Porsche asked.

I slowly nodded and bit my lower lip.

"Doc, is these symptoms of pregnancy?" Porsche asked.

"Yes it is, and I also made some findings on you and the ultrasound shows the gestational sac, the yolk sac, the early shape of your baby, and his/her super-fast heartbeat." The doctor cheerfully said "And yes Pete, you're 2 months pregnant" The doctor added closing the paper he's holding.

"Pete! Oh my god that's a good news! Venice will be very happy hearing this! Porsche widely smile at me clasping his hands.

I can only hold my breath, pursed my lips, and my chest begins to tighten.

"Why are you not seems to be happy?" Porsche asked staring directly to my eyes.

"Porsche... Porsche 2 months, in that two months Venice and I didn't do such a thing" I bow my head followed by a low sob.

I felt Porsche's sudden silent, I can't tilt my head in embarrassment.

"Pete, earlier I saw you and Vegas holding hands... that was nothing right?" Porsche asked convincing himself it was nothing.

I can only shook my head, I can't lie anymore. I can't lie to my best friend either.

"Pete! If how can he possibly be the father— Pete you've only been together for two weeks, how come?" Porsche asked hysterically "unless..." Porsche voice dropped.

"Yes Porsche, yes we did it before Venice's accident and before the proposal" I confess still bow my head down.

"What?! Pete— I don't know what to say anymore" Porsche stand up with a face palm.