3

My mom and dad came home after they talked to my teacher about my notes.

Seeing their faces, I could tell you they were proud.

'Bel, we're so proud of you!' My mom squeezed my cheeks what made me smile. 'Your teacher said that if you're continuing like you do now, you can go to college without a doubt!' My mom hug me. I had been studying so hard lately. Two reasons: first of all, I did it because being locked up in my room trying to avoid my parents became annoying so I decided doing my homework was better than talking to them, second of all, I wanted to let Sophia know who's the good student here.

Sophia walked by and looked at us. 'Nerd', she mumbled.

My mom already took it over. 'You can look up to your younger sister, young lady.'

She mumbled something I couldn't hear and walked back upstairs.

I heard my mom sighing. She and Sophia had been fighting, a lot. And they both had cursed, a lot.

I walked upstairs and before I went into my room I stopped at Sophia's.

'What's it that you always wanna talk about Laura? She's gone, you know. We're never gonna get her back. It's hard, but it's the truth and we both know it.'

She turned around so she could face me.

'I'm not dumb, idiot. Of course I know she's never coming back. But I really don't like it how this family is processing her death.'

I sighed. Maybe she was right. But I hated her, so I was gonna be harsh to her.

'Well, now you only got me of the twins. You should be way nicer to me then.'

She raised her eyebrows and smirked.

'I should be nicer to you', she said, 'if you were Laura.'

I turned around and slammed the door behind me.

I hate her, so much.

Dinner was silent, only Lottie who was making some funny noises while she was playing with her food.

We just finished dinner when the phone rang. My mom got up and took it.

After a few seconds she was looking at me more furious every second.

Shit shit shit.

She hang up and called me to her.

'Arabella Lauren Lovato. Here. Now.'

I quickly looked my dad for help and he followed me. For help. Only not for me.

My mom closed the door behind me.

'What the hell has come into your mind?' She hit her fist on the table as she and dad sat on the other side of the desk.

'I-I'm..'

'You used fucking drugs, Arabella. I am really disappointed in you!'

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes.

'I-I'm so-sorry.'

My mom lifted her hand and I flinched back. Scared for what was coming. But I'd call it a reflex.

She noticed it and her face softened a little bit.

'I wasn't gonna hurt you, sweetheart.'

I let out a deep breath, in relief. 'I-I know.'

She simply nodded and smiled at me. Then she turned back all stern again. 'I want your phone and laptop on my desk. You're grounded for three months.

I blinked a few times.

'Three months?! I only did it once!'

My mom's face was just as stern as it was a few seconds ago. 'You should have thought about that before you did it. Three months, no discussion.'

I sighed and let out a grown. I went upstairs to get my stuff where mom just asked for.

'My little sister is a little junk. Well well.' Laura smirked.

'Get outa my way. I need to get some things.'

'Phone and laptop?'

I looked confused at her. How would she know?

'Honey, I've been your age too, two years ago. You're not the only one. Also three months grounded?'

I just nodded. Still a little confused because she just called me darling.

'Well, then you're stuck with me I guess.'

She seemed nice this time. So I was not gonna ruin it this time. Yet she was my only older sister I'd left.

'Well, that's gonna make mom and dad regret this.' I smiled, letting her know I was joking.

She smiled. Maybe she wasn't that bad at all.