19

I was shaking on the couch next to my dad right now. I didn't want to watch anymore but if I went upstairs, they'll know I'm scared.

I woke up in my bed. The covers wrapped around me still in my clothes. I must have fallen asleep last night.

I stood up and walked downstairs. 'Hey, sweetheart, finally outa bed?' My mom placed a kiss on my hair and brought me a pancake she just made.

'Hmm.' I grumbled.

She sat next to me and watched at me while I was eating my pancake.

'You've thought about what I said earlier? About Denise?'

I looked up to met my moms eyes.

'Hmm.'

'So, what about tomorrow?'

'Nah, don't think I need it. By the way, it's not that I'm gonna talk to her. I don't even know that b--..woman.'

My mom raised her eyebrow. 'Watch your mouth, young lady. I don't want you to talk like that when you're with Denise.'

I got up and placed my plate on the sink, throwing the rest of my pancake away.

'You're not gonna eat that?'

I looked at dad who had just walked in.

'Nope.'

He raised his eyebrow and changed looks with mom.

'Guys, not everyone who throws food away has an eating disorder, okay?'

I rolled my eyes as mom gave me an envelop.

'What's this?'

I looked at the envelop she gave me.

'School sent us this.'

I swallowed. 'What does it say?'

My mom hit her fist on the table. 'That you were present in seven drugs deals.'

'I never took some.'

'Which had yet to come.'

I sighed. 'It's all just some stupid bullshit, okay. Nothing of this fucking nonsense is true and by the way, I'm outa there now. Just leave it.'

'Language.' My dad warned.

'No dad, all of this is just stupid. It only says I were there back then. Not what I did there.'

'Okay, fine. I believe you didn't do this for the drugs but still Laura, you should get outa trouble especially now you're getting more famous.'

I looked at my dad. 'Whatever. It's not that I'll see one of these guys ever again.'

I walked upstairs and sat in my room with Bella. Even though we just hang out for what felt like a few minutes, my mom called us downstairs to get ready.

I just took my jacket and brushed my hair a bit. My hair was longer than Bella's. It always has been. It was the thing that made us not exactly the same; atleast for strangers.

'Laura, hurry up. We gotta go!' Mom yelled.

I quickly grabbed my phone, I finally got back, and jumped next to Bella in the backseat.

'X-Factor, here we come!', Laura squealed what made me giggle.

We had to drive for three hours, but we have already driven one.

'So, what did mom and dad say about the whole talk-with-Denise-thing?' Bella asked. We both said in the back of the black SUV. Our parents ahead of us.

'I guess they still want me to talk to that bitch.'

I heard my mom coughing.

'Uh, lady.' I added.

'Haha, you already hate her?'

I nodded. 'Yeah, what would you do if mom and dad send you to some random freak and let you talk about all the "problems in your life"?

Bella giggled. 'Hmm, I don't know. I still think it's good for you to talk to someone. You can show all your emotions there.'

'Yeah, whatever I don't do emotions. They are fucked up.'

My mom turned herself and looked at me. 'This is the last warning you're gonna get today. No more swearing from that mouth of yours.'

I rolled my eyes. 'Fine.'

When we were finally there mom brought us to a room where a lot of really cool ladies helped us. Mom and dad left us and the fun started.

'So girls, what about these dresses?' A lady, who just introduced herself as Cindy, showed us two beautiful dresses. One was red and the other one white.

She handed Bella the red one and me the white one. I tried on the dress and it fit perfectly. 'You look gorgeous, darling. Here are your heals.' She handed me a pair of very high heals, but I could walk on it perfectly. That's what you get when you grow up as Demi Lovato's daughter. But Bella, on the other hand, tried a lower pair because the high ones weren't really her thing.

'So girls, you can just do something for yourselves. Jessica and Hayley will meet you two soon and they'll introduce you to everyone and shows you everything around here.'

We both nodded as our hair was almost done. Bella got her hair all straight, while mine was straight but curls at the end.

'Who are Jessica and Hayley?', Bella asked.

'They'll be your personal assistants. You'll have one each.'

We looked at each other and smiled.

'Poor one who gets you', my sister said, 'the only thing she can do all day is bring you food.'

I playfully slapped my sister as our hair was finished.

'I'm looking for miss Laura Lovato?' A girl, I guess around seventeen, maybe eighteen, walked in.

I got up and shook her hand. 'I'm Laura, nice to meet you.'

'Nice to meet you, miss. I'm Hayley.' I giggled when she called me miss. They all did here.

'So you're my P.A., right?'

She nodded. 'Well, then only you can call me Laura.' I winked at her to let her know I was joking. She smiled.

'Well then, Laura, let me show you the building. It's fucking big in here.' She covered her mouth with her hand when she realized what she just said.

I giggled at her. 'I like you already.'