13

E-'So, they told me you are already done with school? What are your plans for the future?'

I crossed my legs and got comfortable.

L-'Well, I can't actually go to college for the next two years, since I'm fifteen and that's way too young. I think I'll be working on songs and help my sister with school. She's doing really great and I hope we can work together this summer.'

E-'Your sister also sings?'

L-'Yes, she does. We are working on a song right now, actually.'

E-'That's great, so you guys are doing a duet?'

L-Actually, she sings and I wrote the song. She sings it perfectly, by the way.'

E-'So, you're also a writer? You've written more songs?'

L-'Haha, uh a lot.'

E-'Also some we know?'

L-'I wrote Dear future husband by Meghan Trainor, uhm Blank space by Taylor, and I helped writing Bang Bang by the three ladies.'

E-'Wow, and you're really fifteen. How and this all happened just this year?'

L-'Yes.'

E-'Your parents must be very proud of you, right?'

L-'Yeah, haha, they are proud, but every parents should be proud of their kids.

E-'Yes, that's very true. Now, tell me, how is it working with Simon Cowell?'

L-'He's great to work with. He can be really nice.'

E-'Well, let's bring him up here. Ladies and gentlemen, Simon Cowell!'

Simon walked on stage. Waved at the people and sat down next to me.

E-'So, you guys are perfectly working together. So you never fight?'

L&S-'We do!'

L-'Yeah, a lot actually.'

S-'But I always win, so...'

E-'Why?'

S-'Because I'm the boss.'

Ellen laughed.

L-'Yeah, he can be really annoying and sometimes very mean.'

E-'Oh, I think we all know.'

S-'I'm not mean. I'm just being honest and I tell you what I think.'

L-'In a mean way.'

S-'OK, maybe I can be mean, but at least I'm honest.'

L-'Yeah, let's put it that way.'

E-'You guys are really cool together. But Simon, tell me, how is it working with this lady?'

S-'Ugh, she can be really annoying, but she's really smart and she's a really really really good singer. Her songs are perfectly written and she sings them perfectly. I just told you I'm honest, I really see a bright future for her.

E-'Well, if Simon Cowell even says it. It's probably true. But you guys can be hilarious to watch while you're working. We made a video of you while you were working! Let's take a look!'

I looked at Simon. I didn't know they did that. Seeing Simon's face he didn't either.

Video--
S-'Brat.'
L-'What, I'm just right?'

S-'You can be very annoying, you know that?'
L-'Thanks! You can be a bit of an a**hole.'
S-'Thanks.'

L-'I hate you.'
S-'I love you too, sweetheart.
L-'Ugh.'

S-'We're gonna do it my way?'
L-'Why?'
S-'Because I'm the oldest here.'
L-'But I'm the smartest..'

S-'Brat, where are you?' (Lauren walks into his office)
L-'You never told me you had a wife?'

End of video.

E-'This is amazing! You guys are really fun to watch.'

I looked at Simon and he smiled what made me smile.

E-'Simon, good luck with X-Factor coming up next month already and Lauren, good luck with your album and writing. Thank you guys for being on the show. It was wonderful talking to you.'

S&L-'Thank you.'

Then Ellen looked at the crowd and told them they were all gonna go home with a copy of my album.

We walked backstage and Simon followed me to my dressing room.

'You were really great!' He said.

'Thanks! I'm glad you were next to me, though.'

'No problem, darling. But I need to talk to you about something very serious.'

I looked at him an his face was all serious.

I saw mom and Arabella standing in the doorway, out of Simon's sight.

'OK, what's up?'