10

Laura and I both had to get all our schoolstuff. Our books, our papers, but most of all our grade list.

I might have forgotten to tell my parents I wasn't really doing too well at school.

Laura, on the other hand, didn't really mind and got her bag. 'These are my books...' She threw her books on the table. 'And this is my grade list.' She handed it to mom and dad.

'Wait? What?! You've already finished school?! Baby, you're not even sixteen!' Mom said.

She handed dad the paper and his eyes widened. 'You're a really good student. But you're way too young for college.'

'Yeah, I know.' She sighed.

'Then what do you wanna do until you're "old enough"?' I asked.

'Uh, just taking a break?' She smiled widely at our parents.

'Yeah, Lovato, not gonna happen.' Mom said.

'Well, maybe I can help you finish this year and for next year, we'll see what I do.' She looked at me.

'Sounds good to me, yeah.'

We looked at mom and dad, who exchanged looks.

'Fine, but, your notes have to get way better, young lady. I don't care how you guys do it, but at the end if this year I want all these C's gone.' Mom said sternly.

I nodded. 'Thanks, guys!'

They both nodded and Laura and I went to my room.

We both jumped on my bed and got ourselves comfortable.

'So, what test do you have first?' She asked.

I looked in my journal. 'Uh, math's next week.'

'Great, which day?'

'Thursday.'

'You like math?'

If I like math?! Of course I did not! I never get the point of that stupid subject. 'Nope.'

'Why not?'

'Because I never get it.'

She sighed. 'That's because you have to do it over and over again until you do get it.'

'If it was that simple, I'd be a pro right now.'

'Hmm, come here. I'll help you.'

I got my math stuff and sat down next beside her on the bed.

While I was doing my homework she made some notes.

When we finally make some of the exercises together I continued to do it the wrong way.

She ended up making steps for me to follow for when I didn't understand it anymore.

I did a few more with the help of her steps and it really worked. She checked my homework and they all seemed to be right.

'You did really great!' She said happily.

'Thank you, you really helped me.'

This was the first time since years since we had a conversation together without yelling mean words at each other.

'I'm glad. Wanna watch tv?'

I looked at my watch and saw it was already 10.30pm. We had been working for four fucking hours.

'Yeah, let's go.'

We headed downstairs and mom was still in her study while dad was reading the new in the kitchen.

'You wanna watch a show or a movie?' I asked her.

She shrugged. 'I don't care. You choose.'

I picked a horror movie. 'You're not a wimp, are you?' I winked at her.

She threw a pillow at me. 'Hey! I'm also Demi Lovato's daughter! Of course I'm not scared for a horror movie!'

We both laughed and watched the movie.

When the scary part was on she grabbed my hand. It was cute though.

'You weren't scared, right?' I asked her when the scene finally finished.

Then she noticed she had grabbed my hand and let go of me. 'No..' She said, trying to convince herself.

I laughed. She was actually really nice to hang out with. We watched movies until 3am and then headed to bed. Our Friday-night was really fun.