14

'Well, I wanted to ask you something.'

'OK, what do you want to ask?'

'You don't have to answer immediately, I understand if you need to think about it first...'

'Simon. Just ask me!' I was getting impatient.

'For next season of X-Factor..'

'Where mom's judging next to you?'

'Yes. Well, I still need a host.' He looked at me and a smile crept on my face and I gave him a hug.

While I hugged him I saw mom and Arabella still standing in the doorway. That made me think.

'But, Simon. Then I'll be on stage in front of all those people all alone. I don't think I can handle that.'

'Yeah, I was already thinking about that too..'

'What about Arabella? She's a really nice girl and it would be fun for the show to have twins as hosts.'

'Yes, you're right. Lauren, that's an excellent idea!'

I bit my lower lip and smiled.

'Thanks, Simon. I'm gonna go home now with mom and my co-worker.'

I walked to mom and Arabella.

They were both smiling like idiots. Especially Arabella.

'Can we go home mom, I'm really tired.'

'Yes baby, it's already late. Take your sister with you. Dad and Dallas are over there. I'm gonna talk with Simon for a sec.'

She smiled and I took my sister's hand.

'Lauren, you're amazing! Thank you so much!'

I smiled. 'So, you wanna do it together?'

'Yes!! I'd love to! I can't wait!'

'Cool, then we're in.'

'What are you girls going to do?' Dallas asked.

I ran to her and threw myself in her arms.

'Dallas, I've missed you soooo much!! How's California?'

'Ohw, baby girl, I've missed you too. Really much. And Rob too. But California's great. But you're doing very very good! Your parents and I are so proud of you!'

I smiled. 'Thank you, Dal. How long are you staying?'

'This week. Then I have to go back to Rob. He can't do it without me that long.'

She winked. 'Haha, but me neither, so you should tell him that!'

She smiled. 'Alright, Lau, I will. But can you tell me why Bella's smiling like that.'

I looked at my sister who was still freaking out.

'Yes! We're gonna hosting X-Factor next season together!'

Dallas smiled and my dad congratulated us.

'Yes, about that girls...' We looked around and saw mom.

'Oh, please mom. It's finally something fun we can do together!'

'But darling, you have a really important test in about three weeks. It'll be really stressful.'

'Mom, I promise you I can handle it. And Laura will help me, right?'

Arabella looked at me for confirmation.

I nodded. 'Yes mom, please!' I saw Simon coming in.

'You don't only help us, you know. Also Simon. And he's your boss. You have to help him though, you're in the same team!'

'Fine, you can do it. But, I want that test to be done perfectly. Otherwise I'll still change my mind.'

I looked at my sister and we started freaking out at the same time. We both jumped and thanked mom. Then we ran to the car, talking about how cool everything was gonna be and then waited with Max, mom's bodyguard who we know since we were born, for the rest to come home.