18

'You did what?!' My mom was furious right now.

'But it's not that bad. I mean, of course I left them a note writing how grateful I am and bla bla bla.'

'Laura, you can't be serious!' My dad was mad too. It was strange to see dad mad, he wasn't like this much.

But yeah, maybe I shouldn't have let the whole school think I was dead, just to get outa there.

'But guys, this was the only way to get out of that school! Otherwise I had to wait until my eighteenth birthday!'

'The only way?!' My mom screamed 'what about a freaking call?!'

'Yeah, of course, and then what? Hey mom, dad, I was thinking 'bout getting back home again. All my friends here just died, so I'm kinda lonely now.'

'Well! Wait, what?!'

'Car crash.' I said emotionless. I wasn't really in the mood to tell my parents about my drunk driving friends in the Netherlands.

'How did it happen?'

'Drunk driver.'

'I'm so sorry.' Mom took me in her arms, when I tried get her off of me, she only held me tighter.

'Mom. It's fine now, you know.'

My mom let go of me. 'You should talk to someone.'

I rolled my eyes and groaned. Not this again.

'No seriously, Lau. You don't wanna talk to dad and me, fine. But at least you have to talk to someone.'

'Mom please, I'm perfectly fine right now with myself. If I need to talk to someone I'll actually make friends.'

My mom raised her eyebrow. 'You know what, you don't have a choice. I'm gonna bring you to Denise, she helped me too. She's really great.'

I looked at my parents. 'If I go to that stupid talking thing, you won't punish me for the school thing?'

They looked at each other then I added 'By the way, you weren't in a punish-mood today, right?'

My mom raised her eyebrow again and looked at me, a little smiling.

'What? I'm just helping you to remember?' I said defensively.

She smiled. 'Fine, but no more lies again, alright.'

'I'll try.'

The raising eyebrow, again..

'At least I'm not lying now!'

I quickly ran to Bellas room who left me with them a few minutes ago alone.

I heard my mom and dad laughing downstairs. 'She's a brat, really. But a smart brat.' My dad said. I heard my mom giggling. 'Yes, Wilmer. That smart brat is our daughter.'

I smiled and opened Bellas door. She was on her phone texting someone.

'Who's that?' I playfully asked as I grabbed her phone from her.

Before she even had the chance to move, I squealed. 'Oh my God, Bella, your boyfriend!!'

She grabbed her phone back and locked it.

'Who is it? It's the boy from school, right? The one that asked me, or actually you, to have lunch together?!'

'Maybe..'

'Oh, Bella, this is so cute! Does he already know about Xfactor?' I threw myself next to her on the bed.

'Just told him.'

'And?'

'He thought it was really cool and he'd be watching everything.'

'Ahw, that's sweet of him. You got a picture?'

She showed me a cute picture of them two and it looked really adorable. 'You two look perfect for each other. Both really hot.'

'Haha, you're calling yourself hot too, you know?'

I hit her with a pillow. 'Am I actually trying to say something nice...'

We both laughed.

'Why aren't you like this around mom and dad? I mean... You're so much different when you're around them, you know.'

I shrugged. 'I just don't like them so much, okay? I mean.. After all they weren't there when I had to go to high school, in summer breaks, when I graduated. They were never there. It wasn't only sad, you know, it was a perfect opportunity for me to become independent. And I did. For a moment I thought I could care less about them. Until I saw them again. You know, moms eyes, dads face. All the feelings I've been trying to hide all those years came all back the second I saw them again.'

Bella had tears in her eyes. I rubbed her back. 'It's okay, Bel. You don't have to cry about it.'

I pulled her into a hug.

'H-how can you be so good in finding the right words at the exact perfect moment?'

I pulled her tighter against me. 'Well, they call me an awesome lyricist for a reason, ya know?'

I heard her giggle as she wrapped her arms around me. 'What were you talking about with mom and dad?'

I sighed. 'They want me to see Denise, or so, so I can talk to her since I won't talk to them.'

'Maybe it's good.'

'Bel, it's not good. I just don't like to talk to them because of what has happened, not because I'm a loner who needs attention.'

Bella giggled. 'So, what's the plan, sister?'

'Just working on Xfactor, and Denise will have to wait.'

'Great, sounds like a plan to me. I'm so excited about tomorrow, ya know.'

'Yeah, me too. I don't even know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.'

'Well, let's watch something then, I'm sure it will calm us down.'

'You're right.' She said 'what's it gonna be?'

I took her laptop from her. 'Let me search something.'

I looked for some show dad plays in. Called "From dusk till dawn".

I clicked on episode one and we pulled ourself under the covers.

I never thought this movie was this scary. When we saw Carlos' (A/N played by Wilmer Valderrama) vampire teeth coming Bella squealed. 'Aaaah!!'

It only took mom and dad a few seconds until they found us hidden under the covers.

'What the hell is going on here?!' My mom yelled.

'The va-vampire...', Bella said.

My dad took the laptop away.

'I think you two know you shouldn't watch series like this after midnight alone.'

'I'm sorry daddy. We didn't know it was this scary!!' Bella said. Oops, I forgot to mention how vulnerable she was sometimes.

Dad looked at me like he was expecting me to say something. 'What? I wasn't even a bit impressed by it.' Okay, lie.

My dad continued the movie where I was seeing the vampire drink from the guy and dump him in the back of his truck. The noise it made scared me. Then dad resumed the movie and looked at my fist wrapped around the sheets.

'You're sure? 'Cause I don't have a problem watching this with you tonight, if you're sure you can sleep after it.'

'I'm not a little kid anymore, you know?' I sighed.

'So? That's a yes?'

What? What do I have to say now? I wasn't gonna let him play the father who knew better for me than myself. But this movie was scary as hell.

'Fine, whatever.'

I walked behind him going to the living room. Mom following us after Bella wishing sweet dreams.

This was gonna be a loooong long night.