8

I could see Laura shaking when I opened the front door.

I was really feeling bad for her as I could feel the tension in the air.

'You're ready?'

She looked at me with her 'are you kidding' look.

'Of course, I'm not scared if you think that.'

I shrugged. 'If you say so.'

We walked inside and my mom and dad were reading on the couch. Dad was reading the newspaper while mom was reading some news on her tablet.

'I guess you guys have some explaining to do.' I dropped my schoolbag on the ground, grabbed Laura's hand and took her to the other couch.

'Bella, we...'

Mom was talking to Laura instead of me what was actually pretty funny.

'What's so funny?' She looked serious.

'Mom, that's Laura, I'm Bella.'

She looked a bit ashamed and I heard Wilmer laughing softly.

'I'm sorry girls. And Laura, I'm really glad that you're home, but how can I not have heard anything from school?'

Laura was looking at her hands, avoiding eyecontact with mom.

'Can't we talk about that later?' She asked really softly.

'Do we have to worry?', dad asked. She shook her head no. 'Okay, then we'll talk about this later, Dems. We should tell the girls the truth.'

Demi looked at Wilmer, like she wanted to say something but then nodded. 'Yeah, you're probably right.'

Laura and I crossed our legs at the same time. We didn't even notice until we saw dad smiling.

'So, I know about the fights you used to have. But why did it bother you so much, what made you sent her to like the other side of the world.'

I heard Laura swallowing and I looked at her. 'Holland is not the other side of the world, you know.'

'I don't care. You know what I mean.' I snapped at her. She nodded.

'I had some issues that need to be dealt with. It wouldn't be good for you if you saw me going through that at such a young age.'

I smiled 'cause I couldn't believe she was really saying this. 'At such a young age?! Are you kidding me? I was just as old as you! We are fucking twins, you get it?! Of course I could have handled it. And otherwise we had each other for help!'

'Bella..', my mom said sternly. Ugh.

'No, you guys didn't give me a chance to understand what was going on. Do you know how much guilt I felt when you told me Laura died?! How I thought I would never be able to see my twin again? That I had to go on with life alone!'

I was screaming at Laura now. Deep down I knew she wasn't the one to blame. In fact she hasn't done anything wrong. Before I could say anything else she yelled back at me.

'Well you poor little girl! I'm so sorry for you that you thought I was dead. I'm so sorry for you that you felt alone while you were home with our parents and I was "on the other side of the world" in a foreign country in a boarding school for the last few years. People trying to help me with whatever was wrong with me in mom and dad's and their own opinion. How they told me I was sick and needed help. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you thought you had to live this damn life on your fucking own while you were having such a difficult time!'

My mouth dropped and I was just going to yell back at her but mom hit her hands on the table.

'Shut up! Both of you!' She yelled. 'You both know you shouldn't blame each other because of what has happened.'

'But I need to know why you sent her away from home!' I interrupted my mother.

They all fell silent, so I decided to speak again.

'How could it be so awful, all of you keep your mouths shut?!' They were really annoying me. The fact that all of them knew what was going on and I was the only one who was not, made me feel angry. 'Just fucking tell me, why! And don't tell me you had fucked up life issues, because you need to be more specific. Eventually you owe me some answers!'

Laura's eyes widened. 'What the hell? I owe you?! Just because you just have decided you want to get involved in my life, doesn't mean I have to spit everything out for you because you want to know why I had to leave! It's my life and my "fucked up life issues", you get that?!!'

'Jeez, Laura, you're acting like I'm asking you your deepest secrets. I'm just asking for the damn reason you disappeared!'

'Isn't it obvious that the reason that I don't want to tell you about is one of my secrets?!'

'Then tell me, 'cause it's not only yours. It's a family secret, we're all part of the same so share it with me. Tell me, sister, why you left me!'

She was quiet for a second. When I thought I finally got through her she snapped back at me. 'Really?! Now I'm part of this damn family?! You really don't know what's going on, do you? I'm not part of this freaking family since years so don't use this shit against me if you wanna know everything.'

'If you weren't part of this family, you wouldn't be here right now, so..'

She got up. 'Exactly. So I'm leaving.' She tried to walk away but mom already blocked her way to the hallway. Even though I was having a fight with my sister right now, I'm glad mom made her stay here.

'You're not going anywhere, young lady.' Mom said.

'You think so?'

'You're staying here, Lauren Sophia Lovato!' My mom has never ever ever used her full name. She must be really pissed right now.

But apparently, so was Laura.

'Seriously? Now I have to stay? I remember one time that wasn't this case at all!'

My mom took a step forwards to her, so did Laura.

Mom was going to yell something back, but dad got between them.

'Girls. Room. Now. Mom and I need to talk together.'

He pointed at the stairs. I quickly walked to my room and slammed my door. I heard footsteps upstairs and the door right next to me got slammed to.

Even I was very pissed right now a smile came across my face.

I had just heard the sound I thought I was never gonna hear again..