5

Sophia had moved out last week and talent night was already tomorrow.

I was so excited. My friend Hayley really wanted to perform so she got me singing in the back and letting her playbacking. I was such a good friend. I promised her not to tell anyone, not even my parents.

Not that that would be a problem anyways. I haven't really spoken to my mom and dad the last few days. I ignored them as much as possible and I know they were worried. Not my problem.

They were still coming to the talent night at school. 'Cause they "wanted to get involved" or something. I didn't really care actually.

I went to bed. My body was shaking a little. I always got nervous even for the most stupid things like tests at school etc.

My breathing was really heavy when I woke up.

I had this dream again. About Laura. It was kinda scary though, but it was nice too. She told me how proud she was and how good I was gonna do tomorrow. But I had to be really careful with the hiding backstage. I didn't really get what she meant but I promised her I would.

My mom yelled me downstairs as I changed my clothes. School had been a loooong day and I couldn't wait to it to be over.

Finally we were leaving. My mom and dad, Lottie was at Sophia's this week so my parents had only me, awesome, were talking about how exited they were to see the Hayley's act and bla bla bla.

The first three acts were done and I knew Hayleys was the fifth. I exused myself and told my parents I had to go to the bathroom and I would wait backstage for Hayley. They both nodded and I ran away.

'Bella, bella, where were you!!', Hayley was super nervous. 'I'm sorry. My mom and dad wouldn't let me first. She sighed. 'Whatever, just take your position. I'm next.' I nodded and gave her a hug. 'You can do it. Just don't drop the mic.' She smiled. 'I won't. I'm amazing.' I just nodded, not really knowing what to say.

Her name was called and the music started playing. Of course she had to sing my mom's songs but okay, I promised her anyway.

Like Neoooooon Lightsss
Whooooaaahoooo
Like Neoooon Lightsssss
Whooahoo

I was in the middle of the song when Dave came walking to me. It was too late when I noticed the camera in his hands. I moved my hands, letting him know he had to get out of here and I turned my back trying to be unrecognizable. He didn't leave me and filmed me while I was singing for Hayley. Then suddenly the curtains opened and I was on the stage, right next to Hayley. The whole crowd was looking at me and Hayley didn't even noticed me. I could say that because she was still playbacking. I sang the last line of the song and the crowd got crazy. They all clapped. Hayley was still in her own world as she bows down in front of the crowd. Then she saw me and her eyes turned red. 'I hate you! This was my act and you ruined it!' Before I could say something back Dave, who stood right next to me, spoke. 'This girl, Hayley, says this was her act. Well, let's give it all up for Hayley!' Nobody moved. Not a single person. 'And now give it up for Arabella, the girl I just pushed on stage singing.' Again the crowd got crazy. Hayley turned mad and I looked at Dave. 'This wasn't suppose to happen. She was happy for a few minutes.' When I heard my voice through the speakers while I noticed my mic was still on. How stupid. 'People wanna see talented people, not fakers. Now sing that other song and end this night. I know you can do this.' I nodded and the crowd clapped, again. I sat down behind the piano and started playing while I sang Skyscraper. When I looked into the crowd I saw my mom crying on my dads shoulder. I gave her a smile as she blew me a kiss. When I finished the last line I looked into the crowd again. At the end I saw a girl my age clapping. When I looked better I thought I saw her.

I thought I saw my sister.

I thought I saw Laura.