11

LAURA'S POV!!

Bella and I had been doing great since three weeks ago. I've helped her a lot with her work and her grades were already getting way better, what made me really proud of her.

I ran downstairs and I saw mom, dad and Bella on the couch.

Today was an important day. I had this afternoon a meeting with Simon Cowell about the deal he had offered me.

'Shit! Where are my keys?' I mumbled and ran back upstairs. When I finally found them I ran back downstairs and before I could notice I bumped into my mother.

'Where are you going?'

'Have an appointment.'

'Really? And with who may I ask?'

'Simon. Now, can I go?' I tried to walk further but she stopped me.

'And you didn't think about telling me or dad about this.'

'I told you.'

'Not about a freaking meeting!'

'Well, maybe I forgot to mention it.'

'Whatever, get in my car, I'll drive you.'

I smiled. 'Thanks mom.'

She gave me a fake smile but laughed eventually. 'You're such a brat, you know that?'

I smiled. 'Yeah, don't know who I got that from.'

She looked at me like she was gonna kill me, but then she smiled. 'Hey, I didn't say being a brat is something wrong.'

I mumbled. 'Hm, either did I.'

My mom looked at me. 'Do you always have to get the last word?'

I shook my head. 'No, knowing that you know I'm right is enough for me.'

My mom shook her head in disbelief and drove away.

After a long ride we finally reached the office. We were ten minutes early so I asked if we could stay here for a little moment.

'You're nervous?' Mom asked.

I shook my head. 'A little. I don't wanna ruin this chance, you know?'

She nodded. 'It'll be fine, though. I promise.'

I smiled. 'You wanna come with me inside?'

Mom smiled. 'Of course baby, let's go.'

My heartbeat increased when we saw Simon. He was dressed all classy and mom and he hugged each other.

'Demi Lovato, what are you doing here?!' He asked, obviously surprised.

'Well, apparently someone had an appointment with my daughter.'

I looked at him and smiled. So did he. 'Demi Lovato's daughter, huh? I'm sure you wanna hear some funny stories about your mom right?'

I giggled but before I could say anything my mom interrupted. 'Don't let it go to your head, Cowell. I need to have at least some reputation.' They both smiled and eventually he led us in his office.

We talked about all the record deals and finally I had to sign some papers.

I read the papers and eventually signed them. 'So, we're gonna work really hard on this album. You're gonna shine brighter than your mom.' He said.

Mom raised her eyebrow but smiled. 'Just do what you love, honey. And everything will be fine.' She gave Simon a playful mean look, but he laughed.

'Yes, that's really important Laura, but your parents and I will help you with everything. Just ask.'

'Thanks, and I will, of course.'

Simon signed the same papers and wrote down his number so I could call him when I needed him. I gave him mine. He was my manager now. How cool! I was gonna tell Bella everything!

'So, I guess that was it for today. Laura, I'll see you tomorrow?'

I nodded. 'Yes, I'll be here then.'

He kissed my mom goodbye and we walked back to the car.

'You see?! Even Simon thinks you're great!'

I sighed. 'That's because I'm your daughter, mom.'

'Really?, then why did he not know you were mine until this morning.'

OK, she had a point. For once..