20

It took us long enough to see every room in this building. Like she had already said, it was fucking big.

She led me back to my dressing room and we were giggling about some stupid joke she made when I bumped into a man.

He was big, like in tall and firm.

I looked at Hayley. 'Who's this?'

Hayley giggled. 'Simon didn't tell you? This is Sam, he's your bodyguard.'

'My what?!' Was she freaking kidding me?!

'Your bodyguard. He's really cool.'

I looked at the man. He was holding back his laughter as I was staring at him with big eyes.

'It's an honor to be your bodyguard, miss Lovato.'

I sighed. 'For how long is this, actually? Like all day?'

He smiled. 'For the next two years, if not longer.'

I knew my eyes were really big right now. 'Two years?!?'

I looked at Hayley who was now laughing hysterically about my surprised reaction.

'And what about you? You're also gonna be with me for the next two years?'

She stopped laughing and tried to look all serious again, but she failed. 'Yea-Yes I am.' She said while she tried to stop laughing.

I sighed deeply and thought about it. 'Guys, this is so cool. We're gonna have so much fun. You two are like friends I can't get rid of the next two years.'

They both smiled while I talked like I just had the perfect idea in mind.'

'Yes, you can see it that way. But I got a list of your parents with a lot I have to take care of when they aren't around, just like Simon.'

I swallowed. 'My sister has this too?' I now looked at Hayley.

She shook her head. 'No, she has her PA for the next few weeks until Xfactor ends.'

I nodded and it was silent for a few seconds until I broke the silence again.

'So, what do we have to do first?' I smiled and stood up.

It had been a really long day, but a nice one.

Hayley and Sam were really nice, even though they told me I still had to behave myself. Right.

Hayley seemed to be just eighteen, like I already guessed, and Sam was in his early forties.

Hayley and I have been hanging around in this building all evening and she even showed me my "room" for the next few weeks. It was really big and luxurious, I liked it. It had a bed, desk, couch, big mirror, it had everything in it. If I wanted something I just had to ask and if I wanted to go outside I had to go with Sam. No Sam, no going out. That was the only rule that I had to remember, Hayley said. Now it was still a few people, but in a matter of time I won't be able to walk on the streets by myself.

It was cool that Sam wasn't dressed in a black suit with a tie like all the other big man in here, but just in a jeans and a white shirt. He had lived in Britain, he told me. But left his family because of issues with his mom. I thought it was cute that even a forty-two-years old man could have problems with his mom and get annoyed when he thought about it. He said I had to work it out with my mom before it would turn out just like it went with him. I told him I let my mom taking the first step this time. He told me he was doing the same thing and has waited for twenty years.

Anyways, his room was close to mine, just like Hayleys. My parents' room was on the other floor, just like Bella's.

I hadn't seen them all evening and decided it would be a good idea to see how they were doing.

I opened my room and saw Sam talking to some other man.

'No, Laura's really cool. She seems like a nice teenager.' I heard Sam saying to the guys in black.

'Yeah, wait until they're going out. Teenagers can be cruel.' I hate that man already.

'Like I said, my girl seems nice and...'

Boom!

I was scared like shit when I accidentally hit a random table. 'Shit!'

The guys looked at me confused. 'What the .. are you doing?' Sam smiled.

I looked at him with a fake smile. 'Yeah, I was planning on going to Bella's but then I ...'

He smiled at me. 'Nevermind, just don't stay there too late. Tomorrow is gonna be a long day as well.'

I nodded. 'Okay, I won't.'

He lifted the table with one hand and helped me to get back on my feet.

'Thanks.' I looked over his shoulder to get a look from the guys he was just talking to.

'You're okay?' He sounded seriously concerned.

'Yeah, yeah, I'm just going... Uh.. Downstairs.'

'OK, be back at eleven, not later, okay?'

'Yes, I will. Bye.'

I sounded really awkward, but he stayed all calm and nice.

I just met him this day but he was really cool.